We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Costs

London, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa Costs

Hi

Off to Egypt 30th Nov & will be doing a trip to the Pyramids to which we will need a VISA for which can be purchased at the airport(am I correct) How much is this VISA?

When I went to sharm I paid an entry tax of £10 (I think) is there an entry or exit tax when visiting Taba?

Thanks

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Costs

Hi

Yes, you can get a visa on arrival at the airport. Last year it was £15.

Have fun.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Costs

The Official cost of a single entry tourist visa, which you pick up on arrival in Egypt, is US$15, so you should be able to procure one for £10 Sterling; possibly even getting a small amount of change in local currency.

Bank kiosks selling the visa can bormally be found in the immigration halls of Egyptian international airports.

It is often reported, on the Luxor forums, that tour companies & their reps are, not only charging anything upto £20 Sterling for these visas but that they are preventing tourists from gaining access to the bank kiosks, at some airports (The, up to, £5 Sterling difference between the official visa price & that charged by the tour companies adds up to quite a substantial profit for them when you mulitply it by a planeload of tourists).

3. Re: Visa Costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations