We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something strange afoot with the latest IC review..?

Which Taba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Something strange afoot with the latest IC review..?

Am I the only one who has noticed the last 3 reviews for the Intercontinental Taba Heights are all a little bit strange??

What got my attention was the fact that all the titles were written in CAPS and they all gave the hotel 5 stars.

The 3 of them were written in the space of 2 days and all 3 writers apparently just got back from their holiday lol.

What really gave it away though is the fact that all 3 of those accounts have only ever made ONE single contribution and that was the IC review for each lol. 2 of the accounts were created "in the last month" and one "In the last week".

Is it a coincidence that 3 people who all attended the IC at the same time, who all have brand-spanking new TA accounts, who all decided to type the title in CAPS and who all have only ever made this one contribution with these accounts??

Seems fishy to me. TA, investigate!

I'm going there in July... Just don't agree with anyone skewing public opinion!

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Something strange afoot with the latest IC review..?

For some unknown reason the IC has also anounced its Facebook page is closing...Makes you wonder what is going on there...

Dave

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something strange afoot with the latest IC review..?

There was another one in the same pattern, posted by ANGIEBAILEY25 on 18th May.

It is strange how no one is looking into this.

It's so obvious all those reviews are connected.

Public opinion should not be skewed in this way... It ruins the whole point of TA.

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Something strange afoot with the latest IC review..?

Have read the reviews of IC but I can't see any problems with them. I have stayed at the Intercontiental and in my opinion what has been said ties in with my own experiences.

Yes, as Dave says the Facebook page is closing, could be for lots of reasons - but people tell it as they see it, you have to make your own mind up as to wether it's fact or fiction!!

Des

Edited: 27 May 2011, 17:19
London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Something strange afoot with the latest IC review..?

You're missing the point des. Im not disputing the hotel is capable of commanding such high praise, simply pointing out the inconsistencies

5. Re: Something strange afoot with the latest IC review..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations