We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofitel room choice

Which Taba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Sofitel room choice

I'm going to the Sofitel in just under a couple of weeks and just wondered if anyone had any suggestions of rooms to request. We've not paid for a sea view so I'm guessing we'd be in block 3, but from what I've read that's one of the better blocks anyway. I'm happy to be by the quiet pool, but didn't know if people had any recommendations of views, floor levels etc.

Thanks x

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
593 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sofitel room choice

We requested a quiet room with a sea-view and got 3rd floor block 3 - this overlooked the quiet pool but was high enough to get a bit of sea-view. I wouldn't recommned the ground floor in block 3 as there are a lot of passer-by's which I could imagine would get a bit noisy sometimes. The only thing to remember is this is the furthest away from the restaurants/reception and the main bars so if you don't like a lot of walking I would recommend you try for block 2.

UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sofitel room choice

We had 1412 and think the 14--'s had the best view across the whole pool area with the sea in the background.

Quiet but with a view.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sofitel room choice

Great, thanks for the tips. I'll dig the email address out and send them a request.

Thanks x

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
190 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sofitel room choice

We also requested a quiet room and got block 3 on the 3rd floor and the friends we travelled with got block 3 overlooking the pool. The poolside rooms really aren't that far from the restaurant but ours was although we could see the sea. When you are that far away from it, it's not such a big deal. As for being quiet, the Russians above us frequently had VERY loud s** which could probably have been heard down by the shore!

If we went back, we would prefer to stay overlooking the quiet pool as it's much easier to go back your room if you need to fetch something or use the bathroom. Also, they are single storey so no-one above you!

Cheers

PB

Just my humble opinion!

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sofitel room choice

I may be being a bit thick!! But can you still e-mail the hotel to request which block your room is in even though you have booked hol through travel agent?

Chinnor, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sofitel room choice

Sara, yes just email the hotel directly. I've done that exact thing and they've emailed back saying that they will take care of my request.

nottingham
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sofitel room choice

Going to the Sofitel 13 Sep could you let us know the e-mail address please so we can make a room request.

Thankyou

Chinnor, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sofitel room choice

Wotsit101, the email address is below:

H3011-FO@sofitel.com

We're flying out on the 12th for a first time visit, so very much looking forward to it.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sofitel room choice

Thanks for that Scoya, have a great holiday. Sara.

nottingham
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sofitel room choice

Thanks Scoya, hope you have a great holiday, Wotsit 101

Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations