We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

warmest in jan or april

Orsett, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
warmest in jan or april

Looking to book a week in taba at beginning of jan or beg of april(cursed school holidays!)wondering if jan will be warm enough to be in pools,sunbathing etc.Our seven year old loves the water.Have been to el gouna in feb before and the heated pool was very nice!Also, does anyone have any tips as to choosing between sofitel or intercontinental?Appreciate any advice.Dont fancy sharm as it looks a bit like southend on sea!

Rushden, Northants
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: warmest in jan or april

We've been to the Intercontinental 3 times before and always in April. The weather is wonderful. Hot during the day - not too hot that its unbearable - and lovely sitting out in the evening. I can thoroughly recommend the Intercontinental. In fact we are off there again in a couple of weeks. I've been in the Sofitel to look around - have never stayed there - and I have to say it didn't look as good as the Intercontinental. The lagoon is nice at the Intercontinental and you can go on a pedaloe around it - which our son enjoys. It is also closer to Waterworld (the water sports centre) than the Sofitel.

Orsett, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: warmest in jan or april

Thanks for your reply.I'm not a sun addict but just want to play in the pool and enjoy some family time together.Looking at packages with thomson etc versus seperate flights and hotel.Having a youngish child we like daytime flights as opposed to the dead of night!Packages seem to come up cheaper.Have you any preferences on this?

3. Re: warmest in jan or april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 20:17
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: warmest in jan or april

Definitely April!

romford
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: warmest in jan or april

As said above ... definately April. If travelling in Jan pools are freezing unless heated!

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: warmest in jan or april

Really, pools freezing!! with an average air temp of 15-21c for January and an ave sea temp at 22c. The daytime temps are fine, cooler at night but very comfortable temperatures.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: warmest in jan or april

Warm pools are actually few and far between. I think heated pools are a myth lol.

romford
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: warmest in jan or april

I can only vouch for the hotel that we stayed at over the New Year period back in 97, and I can assure you it was freezing, somuchso that nobody ventured into it!!

9. Re: warmest in jan or april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations