We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofitel - Taba Heights

Which Taba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SPALDING, LINCS
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sofitel - Taba Heights

Looking to book next year. We love Tunisia but after 7 trips, fancy a change.

Taking our 2 sons who will be 11 and 15.

Do you think this is a good choice? Reviews look really good.

Never been to Egypt before so any advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sofitel - Taba Heights

Is a beautiful hotel which you will really enjoy but is one of the more expensive in Taba Heights....Far more expensive than Tunisia I must add..Hotel is right on the beach and close to the other Americanised hotels there...

Dave

SPALDING, LINCS
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sofitel - Taba Heights

thank you so much for your reply. we have priced the holiday and you are right it is slightly more expensive than the holidays we take in Tunisia but reading the reviews it looks worth it =)

thank you again, and we will certainly keep an eye on tripadvisor for more reviews before taking the leap into Egypt.

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sofitel - Taba Heights

If you need any more info just PM me...

Dave

Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
116 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sofitel - Taba Heights

We are going back to the Sofitel for the 2nd time in a few weeks. Went for 1 week last summer, now going back for 2 weeks. We loved it there, great service, good food, great location.... very quiet, no typical hustle and bustle, no medina or souks...but perfect for chilling and relaxing, snorkeling, diving and a few excursions.

It was my first time in Egypt last year, and it was not really the Egypt I expected (I think experts will agree with me, that this is really different from Cairo or Luxor... ;-). But it was great, friendly service, superb memories.

Hope this helps :-)

lancs
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sofitel - Taba Heights

Does the Sofitel still only serve wine with meals? Is there a beach bar?

Himley, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sofitel - Taba Heights

Hi,

there is a beach bar. Wine is available in all bars and restaurants.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sofitel - Taba Heights

Oh thanks. Do you know what time the all-inc finishes of an evening? Also how many bars are there at the Sofitel? Know this makes us look like hardened drinkers-were not-its just that we like a change of scene at the hotel!

Himley, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sofitel - Taba Heights

All inclusive is 11-11. The beach bar did run 11-6 but that may change as the days shorten, the main pool bar runs 11-11 I think as does the main Sultana bar. The bar by the quiet pool runs the same hours as the beach bar. There is another bar in the tower I believe but we never visited it, so can't confirm it's opening times.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sofitel - Taba Heights

Thank you.

10. Re: Sofitel - Taba Heights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations