We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

Wrexham County...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

What is going on at Thomson? Holiday booked to Taba Heights May 2013.Flying from Manchester Deposit paid. All sorted? NO CHANCE !! Thomson web site now states NO FLIGHTS to Taba from Manchester in summer 2013. Rang local branch of Thomson where I booked but they could only say that they hadn't heard that flight had been cancelled. They contacted Thomson who said possibly flights under discussion. Rang Thomson myself to be told perhaps they couldn't fill the plane. How would they if not on sale? no answer to that.Will I ever get to Taba ? This is second attempt. Last year I couldn't book from Manchester but at least they didn't take my money. Travel agent won't refund or alter booking until they hear from Thomson. Anyone else booked for next year ?

Great Yeldham...
Level Contributor
566 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

I have checked the internet and it does seem that they have dropped the Manchester/Taba routing for next year. I should start making very loud noises to them

I am travelling from Gatwick next year(No good to you) but had a nightmare with a Thomson holiday this year when they moved the goalposts 6 weeks before we travelled.

threaten them with the fact that the product they sold you not being available and just to test them see if you as a 'nom de plume' are able to book a flight only Man/Tab/Man with one of their travel shops and see what answer you get

Good Luck

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

We have booked for next October flying from Manchester. To be honest I noticed the Manchester flight was removed from the Thomson website a few weeks ago only to be reinstated a few weeks later. However I now see it has been removed again! Taba is the only Egyptian resort we have wanted to visit. If the flight does get cancelled there is no way we would want to go to Sharm, Hurghada etc. Anon, really worried now that when you rang up they have said what they told you. Like you say though of the resort isnt advertised on the net then how the heck do they expect to sell it?

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

I am livid! Just rang Thomson and they said the Manchester flight for next summer is under review! Anyone know anymore?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

It is still on the timetable but not showing up if you try to book it....

I really hate Thomson, since they took over this route the prices have rocketed, the service and planes have deteriorated and it really sucks having to either got to Gatwick this end or transfer up from Sharm at the other end.

How will the hotels improve their occupancy when this flight is cut out - it makes Taba less attractive to anyone living North of Watford.

Wrexham County...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

Tried local travel agent again and they still have no answer either. I have also e-mailed Thomson direct and surprise surprise no reply. Travel agent also said rest of deposit still due and payable in November even though we may not be going. If we want to alter holiday or cancel it we will lose deposit. We must wait for Thomson to decide to cancel or alter holiday !! It seems they take your money and can do what they want !

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

Try hassling them on their Facebook page. It seems to work for lots if things ;)

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

LOSE OUR DEPOSIT because of a change they are likely to make? That is disgusting!

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

PS I have just posted on their facebook page if the Manchester flights to Taba are still going ahead for summer 2013. Thanks Dgbys.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

They have answered - saying it is still on the timetable - but we know that!!!

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Flights to Taba 2013

Exactly!!! Aaargh!!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Taba