We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

Petersfield
3 posts
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

I am travelling with my family to Taba Heights on 15th July and am very concerned despite the government advice about the safety of this. I would be so grateful if anyone who has recently been or with knowledge of the area could give me some advice. Thank you.

stroud
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

so harrypotter what is the alledged incident at the hilton taba i have not heard anything surely someone would have posted something ?

Norfolk
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

I think he must be confused with the attack in 2007 on the Israelis staying there

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

There was no attack in 2007...The Hilton bombing was on Oct 7th...2004

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Sinai_bombings

Taba Heights is some 20 km away from Taba and has never seen any bombings...I am safer there than in UK

Dave

Cheshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

I'm just booking to go back - Taba Heights is perfectly safe.

It would be good if people didn't spread inaccurate information and scare people needlessly...

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

Hi I want to go to eilat to visit my ill elderly uncle who lives there but as there are no reasonable package deals to eilat any more would a package to taba and then a trip over the border for a couple of nights be easier and cheaper? Any ideas? Thanks.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

lilllilly7, Have you considered a flight from Luton to Tel Aviv with Easyjet and flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat with Arkia.

Don't know when you are going and with Easyjet the earlier you book the better the price but return in November Luton to Tel Aviv is as little as £158 and return with Arkia Tel Aviv to Eilat as little as £60. When you take into consideration exit fees from both Egypt and Israel I think it would be cheaper to go to Israel than cross borders.

easyjet.com/EN/…

http://www.arkia.com/flights-in-israel

UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

Who is now selling package holidays to Taba, Sofitel as both First Choice and Thomsons have dropped Taba completely?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,174 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

https:/…egypt

Plz see above UK FO site; it's "off limits", so you won't find a package hol for now. You may manage to travel independently but it could invalidate your travel insurance to go against their advice

Regards

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

Agree kyles f. Half mine us there too

Saw lots of videos on Facebook regarding the floods. Seems the Sofitel is ok. Thank goodness

So upset about the other hotels. They really dont need that.

Edited: 25 May 2014, 12:52
Chinnor
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Is it safe to travel to Taba Heights

Hi there

I returned from Sofitel, Taba Heightts two days ago. I felt perfectly safe, both in the resort and on the transfers by taxi from and to Sharm Airport even though I was a female travelling on my own.. Cannot wait to go back soon. Bren

Edited: 08 June 2014, 18:41
Get answers to your questions about Taba