We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code Sofitel taba

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code Sofitel taba

Please advise in regards to dress code for men to have the evening meal.

Have just seen on this forum that long shorts, 3/4's are now allowed when long trousers were mandatory which it was when we were there last month. We are due to go back in October.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code Sofitel taba

Confused you will be! We have just come back so this information should be upto date. 3/4 trousers are fine with closed in shoes not flip flops. However don't be surprised if you notice other gentle men getting in in shorts/string vests & flip flops, the reception people at restaurant seem to let some in and turn others away. Rashed is the restaurant manager he is great and will sort out any problems. Enjoy your hols only jealous not going too.

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code Sofitel taba

This is very disappointing.

Really liked the fact you had to 'dress' for dinner, as befits a 5 star hotel.

Hope it is not going to go down hill. And as you say it seems, as always, people get in wearing whatever they want. I always thought vest tops and flip flops belong somewhere else, not for evening dining. Would you wear that attire in the UK to go out to dinner? I think not.

Thanks very much for your reply - still really looking forward to going in October. We absolutely love it there!!

Edited: 29 July 2013, 12:53
Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code Sofitel taba

I personally have absolutely no problem whatsoever with smart dress shorts, with either a clean polo shirt, or short sleeved shirt, worn with sandals, and no socks. What I really object to is people who wear vests and have big stomachs sticking out, or even worse people with unwashed hands, unwashed hair, and who are somewhat swampy!!!!!

Clothes do not, and never will change who you are, and you are on holiday to relax. All dressed up in a hot country is NOTmy idea of relaxing.

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code Sofitel taba

I get what you are saying. Agree with the horrible vest tops worn with hairy armpits haha.

I also appreciate the fact you don't want to be wearing long clothes in Egypt. But all the restaurants are air conditioned. Just hope that shorts don't start being the norm.

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code Sofitel taba

I get what you are saying. Agree with the horrible vest tops worn with hairy armpits haha.

I also appreciate the fact you don't want to be wearing long clothes in Egypt. But all the restaurants are air conditioned. Just hope that shorts don't start being the norm.

Edited: 29 July 2013, 15:30
Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code Sofitel taba

In this day and age of greenhouse awareness should we be sooo dependent upon air conditioning to remain comfortable.

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code Sofitel taba

Yes.

Edited: 29 July 2013, 16:14
Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code Sofitel taba

End of discussion, this isn't the place!!!!!

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code Sofitel taba

Or the time lol.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code Sofitel taba

All is still about the same, its just that some, no names or place of origin seem to get away with things, like pushing in or bad manners. However staff are all polite and helpful without a tip which l didn't do till the end of our stay. Don't be disappointed enjoy your hols l know we will go again if flights allow, as rumour has it Thompson are pulling out of Taba Heights completely,(that was from a member of staff- also will no longer be the Sofitel) maybe Monarch will take over the flights and package, who knows.

Get answers to your questions about Taba