We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
497 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

As a regular Taba Heights (Hyatt) visitor the question now is where is a good alternative. Am considering Marsa Alam but ........My prime requirement is peace/quiet, a good beach (with rooms virtually on the beach) with plenty of (well spaced) sunbeds on the beach itself.

Have looked at the Marsa hotels here on TA but can't find anything with a location and layout comparable to the Hyatt/Miramar at Taba Heights.

Would be pleased to hear from any other TH regulars who have experience of a good alternative.

Edited: 02 March 2014, 18:15
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

I agree, be hard pressed to find anywhere with the layout the Mirimar has. I have looked at Marsa Alam too. The Coraya Beach Resort hotel is adults only, have only heard excellent things about it. Thomson have a hold on this hotel meaning you can only book via them and no other agent. I was very close to booking it but after some debating ended up booking Mauritius for next holiday..

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
497 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

Alexsar 70: like you have considered and almost booked the Coraya Beach but, for me, the pics of regimented closely packed beach sunbeds, together with the fact that the hotel is set further back from the beach than I want - which is a room which is no more than two minutes from both the beach, and the restaurant facilities.

Have also looked at other Marsa Hotels and they all seem to suffer the same limitations.

So the search goes on...though it is becoming very hard work and have almost given up to the point of maybe waiting till FCO advice changes and Taba becomes an option again.

UK
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

Have a look at Hurghada Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh I have been there and it ticks the boxes.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
497 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

ildibobs: - thanks for your suggestion - have just had a look at it but it does not have the right vibes for me - but thanks for the idea anyway.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

May have to make a compromise somewhere.you would be extremely lucky to find any hotel anywhere with the beach frontage that the Mirimar and the rest of Taba has, we have all be very spoilt.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 10:28
Sutton in Ashfield...
Level Contributor
23 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

Have you been to El Gouna?? We stay at the Movenpick and you have more beach and peace than I have known anywhere else. It also has the benefit of being able to take a 10 minute stroll into the town if you fancy it or catch a tuk tuk to the Marina where there are restaurants and it is always quiet. It's amazing!! We went in September and had a whole lagoon to ourselves with a choice of every single sunbed. Lots of sunbeds on the long beach but well spaced out with little raffia windbreaks/privacy screens at each one. Heaven!!

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
497 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

Alexsar: as you say we have been very spoiled - although the Hyatt/Miramar is far from perfect in some respects the location/layout and ambiance will be hard to match and compromise is needed - trouble is I'm not very good (=no good) at compromising.

JillNotts: - will have a look at your El Gouna/Movenpick suggestion.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

Does anyone know why the thread I put up with the changed FCO travel guidance link on it was removed by Tripadvisor? I was accused of spreading incorrect information on the thread and of scaremongering - but the information was (and still is) correct!

Like Stonyb I'm sort of holding out hoping that things improve before I go back...

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

Dont understand why true, relevant threads are reoved!

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IWhere's a good alternative for Taba Heights regulars ?

Take a look to the intercontinental port ghalib the place marsa alam. You may like it. This becomes my favorite . It is right on the lovely beach, and give excellent snorkeling experience.

Get answers to your questions about Taba