We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portable wifi?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Portable wifi?

Hi guys. I'm some what dense when it comes to technology but here it goes...

I was in Egypt a month or so ago and am planning on going back in the next month. I had a pay-as-you-go plan with a local Egyptian number with Etisalat and loved it. Had no issues. My question is as follows..

Would I be able to get some kind of modem to use for a more long term time frame while in the Taba/Sinai region to access Wifi at my leisure? What kind of accessories would I need and what would the cost look like? I will be somewhere that has Wifi available at some instances but will need something reliable as I will be doing some form of long distance education online in the interim.

I hope that made sense :)

Shukran

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portable wifi?

Hi if you look up sinai excursions, they do a wifi hire for £30.

Penny

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portable wifi?

Hi Penny,

I'm looking for something more long term as I expect to be in Sinai for a year onwards.

I'm looking on the Etisalat website for something suitable. hmmmm.. I hope I find something

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Portable wifi?

I have the etisalat wifi modem which cost just over LE 400 to buy and which you plug in to your laptop to charge, ( as it has a usb connection ). I was on the LE 240 per month prepaid package which gave me up to 20gb per month. I have also tried mobinil and vodafone and find, in the Sinai, mobinil was the best and vodafone the worst, and etisalat the cheapest. Just google those brands and you will find the websites.

4. Re: Portable wifi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations