We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
154 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

dear TA friend,

I am planning to go on honeymoon to FIji islands and want to stay in a luxurious hotel sea facing with all modern facilities for about 5 nights.

Please suggest hotels with approx prices.

also please let me know how is it compared to Hamilton island. and best way to get to fiji and time etc.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

Have you had any chance to perhaps look at Liku Liku resort they have overwater bures which may suit for a honeymoon they are popular for that!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

For a start The Fijian islands are nothing like Hamilton Island. Usually only one or two resorts per island some of the smaller islands have only one resort Have a look at Tokoriki, Royal Davui,

and Vatulele. The latter two are quite expensive. Tokoriki has the most gorgeous honeymoon bures. Check out the websites for all of these they should show you the prices too. Another possinility maybe Navutu Stars in a Premier Bure.

3. Re: Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 11:00
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

Hello sunnybombay,

Likuliku is perfect for a honeymoon - it is just beautiful.

I am back there next Monday (6 nights) for my 3rd visit - it's that good! Have a look at all the TA reviews and photos. If you would like to see my photos, Private Message me your email address and I can send them to you.

There are 3 levels of rates i.e., garden bure (just a bit further back from the beachfront), beachfront bures, deluxe beachfront (with plunge pool) and then the overwater bures (10 only). Have a look at the Specials on their website.

I havn't stayed in the OWB's yet - am splitting my time between them, and deluxe bures for my stay next week - can hardly wait.

I havn't had the luxury of their canapes delivered to the OWB's before....

Luckily LL is nothing like Hamilton Island. Whereas HI is very busy with lots of people / boats, LL is very quiet and classy. You can swim and snorkle in beautiful warm, still water straight from your bure and see coral and fish without having to go on a GBR Tour (when I went, it was very rough and not clear water).

I feel it is the warm water and warm people that make Fiji special.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

Typo - meant to say 4 levels of rates..

Happy honeymoon planning.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

Have been to both Hamilton Island and Fiji and there are very different.

Hamilton Island is about 4 hotels and private accomodation plus shops etc all crammed onto one island. It is just like going to the Gold Coast here in Australia

You will find in Fiji that there will only be one, maybe two resorts on each island.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

I totally agree with the travelers who have replied on your post. My wife and I just got back from Likuliku on our honeymoon and we couldn't ask for anything more. It was everything we could ask for!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

Dky1717 - so nice to hear that you loved Likuliku.

I'll be there on Monday with a huge smile.

It's a very special place.

9. Re: Honey moon at Fiji Dec 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 06:22