We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in fiji

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in fiji

We are traveling to fiji from South Africa , which is half way around the world. We are staying on a small island off Taveuni. We really need to understand which is the best time to come, June/july or early December. We can't wait to see the beauty of Fiji. Would love some input from those in the know.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in fiji

June/July woud probably be best, Taveuni is on the 'wet' side of Fiji so December would not be the best. June/July are in the 'dry' season too so you should expect to get less or no rain.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in fiji

Hoe gaan dit? I too am ex SA...also from Cape Town.

The drier time of the year is certainly May - August - also less humid as it is our winter. (mmmm, winter!) I have been here for 27 years and have lived in a variety of islands around Fiji.

Taveuni area is magic....remote, unspoilt, fantastic for outdoor activities and of course our Rainbow Reef is rated as one of the Top dives in the South Pacific...a rainbow of colours!

Most resorts are owner managed and range between 5 - 15 rooms, with one 30 room property.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in fiji

It less humid and good idea to visit from mid may to July. Taveuni is definitely among the best destinations in fiji for a wonderful and remarkable outdoor activities.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in fiji

I've been to the south pacific 20 times and I would agree with those that say visit during the cooler months. Too hot, too humid, and too wet is not for me.

5. Re: Weather in fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Taveuni Island