We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Sea Reef - Fiji

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
152 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Great Sea Reef - Fiji

Have a dumb question...

We're taking our first trip to Fiji and staying at 2 different resort. One resort claimed to have "direct access to the Great Sea Reef" and charges money to go snorkling there. Another one has snorkling trip included in the price to "Great Sea Reef Lagoon." We've never been to Great Sea Reef nor no much about it. So is there any different between the two resorts' offer? Is Great Sea Reef Lagoon different from Great Sea Reef?

Thanks in advance.

13 replies to this topic
Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Great Sea Reef - Fiji

Just been speaking with Vodafone Fiji and my bro (head of technical support things for the NZ/South Pacific). Unfortunately there is NO Vodafone network coverage for Nukubati Resort (& this includes Wi-fi) They hope to instal this in the 'near future'. If you go to the main www.vodafone.com.fj website there is a map of current accessibility within Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, Fiji.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Great Sea Reef - Fiji

I don't know about vodafone coverage, but Nukubati Resort has a small "business center". You can check your email and have calls transfer to there. the email is slow but it works. I have calls (family check up) made to the office and they were very nice about taking down the message for me. It's unfortunate that you have to work while you're there. It's such a relaxing place that you shouldn't be doing anything but enjoy the beauty of mother nature. Hope that helps.

Central Queensland
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Great Sea Reef - Fiji

They do have wifi at Nukubati, which you can access in the main pavillion. It is weather dependant so might drop out when it's stormy. When we went out to the Great Sea Reef we got mobile service. Happened too on the sandbank picnic I think.

Linda

Reply to: Great Sea Reef - Fiji
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Labasa