We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

Which Lautoka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

We are looking at fiji for out honeymoon. Im just wondering what its like for night entertainment, as there is only one bar and one resturant from what i can tell. Also are there bars and resturants nearby if we wanted to get out of the hotel?

thanks

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,787 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

First Landing is a small, quiet resort which is part of its charm. There's a restaurant in the nearby marina. Lautoka is about 15 minutes away by taxi.

If you're looking for somewhere with lots of nightlife it may pay to look elsewhere. We liked the fact that there wasn't any.

England
Level Contributor
169 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

I wouldn't stay here for a honeymoon it would be cheaper to go out on one of the islands and nicer beach and food ... i stayed first landing last week, was good for a stopover night.

then i went on the yasawa flyer with my partner up to Octopus which is amazing and then Blue Lagoon which was also great. I'd recommend going to Octopus it is just at nighttime its quite communal but is really good.

Have a great trip and let us know what you end up doing. x

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

If you want to stay on the mainland and don't want to stay at one of the western style hotels then First Landing is a good choice. Like being on an island with the advantage of being able to take tours and do activities that the main island has to offer and be able to do cruises too. You can visit nearby Anchorage resort for dinner some nights or as suggested the Yacht Club and bar at the Marina next door or get a taxi into Nadi Town or Denarau.

The pool villas are the way to go.

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
966 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

My husband and I were just there for 4 nights and I could never recommend it for a honeymoon. Our beach-front bure smelled so much like mold that I worried about inhaling spores--not a good smell for a honeymoon! Air conditioning helped somewhat but the smell never went away. You definitely are isolated. We ate most of our meals at the little yacht club next door where the food was better and MUCH cheaper. The included breakfast consisted of a disappointing selection of fruit, cereal packages, juice, toast, tea and coffee (which was the best coffee we had in Fiji). We also spent 3 nights at the Westin which was the same price but without breakfast. It was easy to take a taxi to the port area to eat and take the ferries to the islands for day trips. Very different stays!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

JaneB we are staying at First Landing in June in the 2 bedroom beachfront villa is this the bure you stayed in? We have only heard good reviews about this place so am surprised to hear your comments. Hope we dont have a smelly villa as I suffer from asthma and other bronchial problems and will not be able to sleep/breathe if there is a mouldy smell.

Also what was wrong with the food once again have heard only good things?

Now am a bit concerned that it will be a bit of a let down.

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
966 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

Jelly...read the last 3 reviews on TA for FL.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,787 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

Jelly

I suggest you also read my review.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297566-d551…

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

I have stayed at First Landing and had an awesome time! However i did stay in the 2 bedroom garden villa with outdoor bathrooms and own pool and spa these were excellent! But im a fairly quiet person and the resort was perfect it is small and not that busy and i would not say it goes off at night it is certainly not a place you would go for the night life and if you like to mingle and have a great time perhaps a bigger resort on an island may be better. After i stayed here and other resorts my fav is now Sonaisali Island Resort in besotted with it! While it does not have the beach like other places has a good pool and spa and swim up bar a couple of different bars night life and a Zero bar on Fri and Sat nights that goes all night if you want it to. Anyway hope you have good luck in choosing where to go so many choices!

9. Re: is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 00:05
Perth, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: is first landing resort any good for young honeymooners?

i was the original poster of this question. We did end up staying there in april for our honeymoon in a beachfront spa bure.

While i have nothing but great things to say about the staff and food, it is definitely not somewhere i would recommend for a young couple. We got very bored there as you are so far away from everything and ended up booking a couple of nights somewhere else.

The room we had was nice enough, but like someone had mentioned in an earlier post, its not a 5 star resort.

Again, great food (and cocktails) and the staff were great, but if your looking for somewhere close to things and with a bit of nightlife, definitely not the place to go.