We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on First Landing Resort

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on First Landing Resort

Hi all, I am after some advice from anyone who has stayed at First Landing resort.

We will be travelling to Fiji next year and spending most of our time at an island resort in the Mamanucas, but I am looking for somewhere to stay for 3 or 4 nights on the mainland first.

We will be arriving late in the day so at this stage I am looking at one of the resorts at Denarau, or First Landing Resort.

We are a family of 5 with 3 kids (11, 8 and 3). I love the look of the Garden Villas with their own pool but am not sure about the safety of having a pool outside our front door with the 3yo.

Do they have a fence? Or do the doors on the villa have locks? I suppose I am just worried about him waking up and going straight out there before we have had a chance to realise!

Are we better to choose connecting garden villas without the pool at our door step?

Is this resort a good choice for a few days for us or should we look at the big "Resorts" before our island stay.

We just want to settle in and pick up some alcohol before heading to the island.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kat

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on First Landing Resort

Hi

Stayed in Beachfront bures but looked at both types of villa. No fences but have no idea about door locks.

As for garden bures a child could easily get from them to the main pool. And from beachfront bures a short toddle to the oceanfront.

Having said all that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay - First Landing is special. And we enjoyed the fact that there weren't many children when we were there.

Whether it would be 'safer' for children at the big 'Resorts" I couldn't say.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on First Landing Resort

Unfortunately no pools in Fiji are fenced where I've visited and I've seen a lot of resorts there.

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on First Landing Resort

Thanks nzlilibet, I love the sound of First Landing and the idea of not many kids. A few days spent as a family together would be lovely.

I am just thinking the garden bures might give us a bit more of a buffer between our room and the pool.

Is hard making a decision!!

Kat

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,898 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on First Landing Resort

First Landing is my preference when staying on the mainlland. Has an island feel, lovely setting with views out to the islands. Wonderful food too. Each villa has a screened verandah which may be a good place for your little people to play and none of the villas are right on the pool. No crowds so easy to keep an eye on them too.

Am not a fan of hotels find them very impersonal.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on First Landing Resort

We have stayed in the beachfront villa on 2 occassions and the doors lock with a key so if you were worried about the little one escaping you could just lock the door with the key and put it out of reach. We loved the villa and we loved staying at First Landing.

Would definitely recommend First Landing esp.the villas.

6. Re: Advice on First Landing Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2011, 20:35
7. Re: Advice on First Landing Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 02:15