We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coral coast to rakiraki

Which Rakiraki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
coral coast to rakiraki

hi anyone has any idea whats the best way to travel from coral coast to rakiraki and how much does it cost? also how long will the journey take?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coral coast to rakiraki

We caught a local bus from Lautoka, around FJ$8, took several hours, it was a real experience! You could get a bus from the Coral Coast to connect. Otherwise negotiate cost for a trip with a local taxi.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,013 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coral coast to rakiraki

Where on Coral Coast are you leaving from? The road from Suva to Rakiraki has recently been upgraded and the trip now only takes about 1.5hrs so depending on where you're leaving from, I'd be inclined to go via Suva as the road from Lautoka to Rakiraki is pretty ordinary.

Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coral coast to rakiraki

Hi we will be leaving fr Maui Road Sigatoka

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coral coast to rakiraki

For express bus, check out www.sunbeamfiji.com for timetable/travel time, you will need to contact them for price & where to purchase ticket.... They aren't expensive though, I've done the Suva-Nadi trip a few times and its only FJ$26 each way (5 hr trip).... They have movies playing onboard (I've always had Bollywood movies on my trips) and its air conditioned so more comfortable than the local open window buses.... Otherwise as TaiMarilyn said, negotiate cost with a local taxi (will be expensive though, I would say over FJ$200 each way).... Avoid going with the viti mini bus (which are express 12 seater vans) as they are very dangerous & are always involved in accidents...

Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coral coast to rakiraki

thanks for everyone's reply!

Reply to: coral coast to rakiraki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rakiraki