We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma Rima - Bungalows

London, United...
Level Contributor
599 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Palma Rima - Bungalows

We stayed at Palma Rima, March 2011, and we are thinking of going back there at some point early next year with TC. Last year we were able to upgrade to a bungalow via the TC website but this time there is no such option...unless room for 2-4 people with balcony is same as bungalow accommodation. However the bungalows come with a small terrace, there is no balcony. Also, this room for 2-4 people option is not even available when we would like to go there. Any idea whether I should contact Palma Rima directly to upgrade or would a phone call to TC solve this issue?

Thanks ;)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,374 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma Rima - Bungalows

From various websites it appears the rooms ( in the main 3 floor building ) accomodate 1-3 people only, and the bungalows accomodate 4 people ; the word ' bungalow ' will be used if that is what is offered, otherwise it will be accomodation in the main building. The website www.palmarimahotel.com does not really clear this up. You could try shopping around different websites to get the accomodation you want at the Rima unless you are going on a package with TC in which case wait a short while and see if what you want appears otherwise contact both TC and the hotel to see which offers the cheapest upgrade. You could also try www.directholidays.co.uk

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma Rima - Bungalows

I tried upgrading with thomascook for December but they are full... To be honest there is not much difference.. They charge £12+ a night at the hotel to upgrade, not worth it I don't think!!

Lauren

lincoln
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma Rima - Bungalows

bungelows gota be better than staying on the wing lol

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma Rima - Bungalows

C block H yes got be better in bungalows lol

Cantanhede, Portugal
Level Contributor
945 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma Rima - Bungalows

You can upgrade to a bungalow on Monarch holidays website for an extra £20 or so a week.

Prices look cheaper than TC on a comparision I did with both.

I upgraded to a bungalow on TC website a few years ago but it looks like they have removed the option from their website.

On saying that it did take me an hour and paperwork to prove it to the staff that I paid for a bungalow who were intending to stick me in cell block H !

Kim

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palma Rima - Bungalows

we managed to upgrade on arrival the last time we stayed there. Cant remember how much it cost though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
599 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palma Rima - Bungalows

Thanks for the replies.

I think we paid £20 for the upgrade last time.

There is no way I would stay in jail block...

Monarch seems to have option to upgrade to a bungalow, however their starting price is nearly £100 more per head.

Thanks again ;)

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palma Rima - Bungalows

I found it ok! Cleaned daily and had a bed and shower, this is all i need!

i only use the room to sleep so staying for 3 weeks and paying £12 a day to upgrade Is NOT worth it in my opinion!

They only allocate 20 bungalows to TC and they go really quick so gives the hotel the chance to charge over the odds because if booked with thomascook, it is only £28 for the whole stay!

as they do with air con and fridges! If i was to upgrade with the hotel to stay in a bungalow and get a fridge and aircon, it would cost more than the holiday! So pointless.

lauren

London, United...
Level Contributor
599 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palma Rima - Bungalows

laurenf: You do have a valid point there, the room really is only meant for sleeping.

I might just have to get used to the idea of staying in the jail block as we don't want to change the timing of our visit...

Cheers ;)

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palma Rima - Bungalows

Really Finn, it is not that bad! I must have spent 1hr a day in the room getting ready and then sleeping, They are not that bad! I had one issue when i arrived with regards to the blanket it was changed when i mentioned it - the room is cleaned daily and is a base only! I really would not shell out extra money for a bungalow if not really needed. But each to their own!

Maybe worth contacting your Tour Operator and asking if they have any available, as it will be cheaper from them - f not i really wouldn't bother! Everyone i met last year also stayed in "cell block H" but everyone seemed fine with it! I took a fan for the room and and my own pillow! :-)

Lauren

Get answers to your questions about Kololi
Recent Conversations