We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook strikes

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
thomas cook strikes

just reading the news on line and the staff have voted to have the strikes ,its yet to be decided what dates these are happening ! hope they change there mind before we are all due to fly !

London
Level Contributor
248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook strikes

Get some insurance now if you don't have it!!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook strikes

There having more talks on weds and only 1100 of the 1800 hundred cabin crew are in the union and only 500 voted to strike hardly an over whelming mandate. The union are asking for 3 weeks redundancy for every weeks service and a £5000 lump sum on top we will see what happens.

stoke-on-trent...
Level Contributor
876 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook strikes

what if you are traveling with another tour operator but are using ThomasCook flights ?

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook strikes

hi , anyone flying with thomas cook will be affected as its the flight attentants that will be striking !

Ascot
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomas cook strikes

Three weeks redundancy for every weeks service is a bit extreme... ;0)

I think you mean three weeks for every years service. The statutory minimum is one week per year I believe.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomas cook strikes

Paulukascot ha ha your right is a bit extreme but a good deal if you can get it

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomas cook strikes

Out of cusiosity, how would this work if they DID strike on the day of travel that one of us are travelling on? do you get your money back - i dont know about everyone else but these are the only days i can fly!!

Insurance will only cover from the dates booked.

Just hope all works out and they do not go ahead for all us TG travellers.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomas cook strikes

its a worry laurenf i too can only travel on specific dates and to be honest just getting my money back would not compensate for missing my holiday.

i'm sure if it does happen we will get the company line not our fault out of our hands.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomas cook strikes

If your flight is cancelled you are entitled to a full refund or alternative transport to your destination "as soon as possible". If you select alternative transport you are also entitled to compensation which in the case of Gambia could be from 125 euros up to 600 euros due to the distance and according to the length of delay in getting you there. The 125 is payable after 2 hours delay and the 650 after 4 hours.

Ellesmere Port...
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: thomas cook strikes

Peedyc, You can try but I doubt very much if you would get any of those figures that youve quoted. What youve quoted are Eu regulations which all the airlines have appealed to, so at the moment its all on hold. I`ve been through all this and had an 18 hour delay going on holiday from Manchester. What they did was put me up in an hotel in Manchester and provided me with all meals while we waited. that is all they are obliged to do. No one has ever got any of the above figures its all being discussed.

Get answers to your questions about Kololi
Recent Conversations