We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
whiston liverpool
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Holiday beach club kololi

Anybody stayed here 1st time to Gambia after 6 years to Goa keep thinking hope I've done the right thing having a change .

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday beach club kololi

Hi Vampjan - Yes you will be fine, I stayed at the HBC last year for the 1st time (following 16 yrs to Goa) and have happily booked again for this Xmas/New Year

Here's the review I wrote:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g297575-d5…

One major difference with Goa hotels, full size mattresses, not like those thin goan things! Take a look through the photos..

When do you go? If you think of any specific questions about the HBC ask away - and for up to date info june2306 is there right now

Edited: 18 November 2013, 21:43
Stockport, Cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday beach club kololi

Ditto everything trev said!

Going back Feb 2014, but trying a different hotel this time, just for a change really, nothing wrong with the HBC.

Not missing Goa one bit....well, not at the moment anyway!

Mike.

Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday beach club kololi

Brilliant hotel for first visit.

Good location for bars and restaurants.

Beach not so good there but fruit ladies and juice boys to the left are very entertaining!

See doctor lamin health juice for trips and awa for great plate of fruit and free banter!

Try and get out of the strip if you can, there's so much more to see.

Lamin will point you in the right direction and organise taxi's etc!

Enjoy gambia and the people - they can make your holiday very special!

Tell them shona and david sent you!

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,656 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday beach club kololi

Another ex-Goa Goa here agreeing with the above posts, no complicated expensive visa to contend with, a much shorter time in the air, no air-con to shell out on as nights are cooler than Goa, far less hustle and bustle in general, far less beach sellers disturbing you, and no continual bloody beeping of vehicle horns l.o.l. !!!!!!!!!!

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,352 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday beach club kololi

Hi vampjan. Yes I am there now. Also a goanite and back to goa next month. You will be fine at hbc. If you find the thread titled hbc current prices I am on there everyday with info. Sorry I don't know how to do links maybe trev will do a link for you.

Anyway folks I am a bit tipsy now so will do my update tomorrow.

Vampjan ask away with any questions and I will check in the morning.

Off to Ali baba garden now for a bit of reggae.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday beach club kololi

<<<... maybe trev will do a link for you...>>

No problem, here it is:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293794-i9249-k6…

Liverpool
Level Contributor
685 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday beach club kololi

Hi vampjan

Notice you live in whiston were just down the road in rainhill also going HBC for first time in Jan also spent time in goa.We are looking forward to seeing the difference between the 2.June and trev etc have been very helpful in building up a picture so can't wait to go now roll on Jan11th.

North Wales
Level Contributor
558 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday beach club kololi

We're ex Goa goers too and we're going back to The Holiday Beach Club in January. You've got to try the Scala restaurant virtually next door to the hotel, fantastic service and superb food, curry and steaks out of this world.

whiston liverpool
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday beach club kololi

hi efc, we go on 4th Jan for 2 weeks so might so might meet you there, hubby is a taxi driver and knows everyone so never know he might know you lol

Liverpool
Level Contributor
685 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday beach club kololi

Hi vampjan

Will deffo cross with you for 1 week may also recoginse yourselfs as I also have a black liverpool cab and drink in manor rainhill.

Get answers to your questions about Kololi
Recent Conversations