We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
weather

Hi we are travelling on the 2nd April staying at hbc kololi, just wondered what the weather was like all forecasts are saying different things, I know it will be hot just wondering about cloud and rain??

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

Doubt there will be any rain. Maybe a few clouds every now and then which can be a relief during the day. Its currently over 30 degrees but does cool down to less than 20 at night. Feels Cooler after a day in the sun.

leyland
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Just back, very hot mid thirties some days, quite cool at night I wore a cardigan a couple of nights. Not a cloud to be seen have a great holiday,

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Hi Lermh

We have been back over a week now and what a mixed bag the weather was!! I have never known it be so cold it February or March!!

We went on 22nd February and the temp were strange some days it was 13c in the morning and at night.

I am ashamed to say that I asked for more blankets for the bed and .... I had to resort to wearing my socks in bed as my feet were freezing, coupled with this I wore a fleece in the morning and at night time!!

But then.... as if by magic the day time temps suddenly shot up in March and it was blisteringly hot!! I mean hot approaching 50c which is 122F it was flppen, hot, hot, hot!!

On the hottest day we chose to go to Serrekunda Market "big mistake" there was the fuel shortage so not many local buses and not many taxis either and what little transport there was it was packed solid, I mean solid, like child sat on childs knee and child sat on that childs knee too!!!

We only spent about and hour and half there, Serrekunda can be a nightmare on very hot days as there is no real shade in Serrekunda, silly me and Mr Breeze as you do risk both heat stroke or sun stroke when temps rise like that!!

So.... A healthy respect for the weather is needed as you may go out and it is cool but as the day go on and it gets hotter you need to take a little more care!!

Have a brilliant holiday!!

Best wishes

Breeze

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Hi Lermh

We have been back over a week now and what a mixed bag the weather was!! I have never known it be so cold it February or March!!

We went on 22nd February and the temp were strange some days it was 13c in the morning and at night.

I asked for more blankets for the bed and .... I had to resort to wearing my socks in bed as my feet were freezing coupled with this I wore a fleece in the morning and at night time!!

But then.... as if by magic the temps suddenly shot up in March and it was blistering hot!! I mean hot approaching 50c which is 122F it was blistering hot!!

On the hottest day we chose to go to Serrekunda Market "bit mistake" there was the fuel shortage so not many local buses and not many taxis!!! We only spent about and hour and half there but there is no real shade in Serrekunda at that heat you are likely to get heat stroke or sun stroke!!

So.... A healthy respect for the weather is needed as you may go out and it is cool but as the day go on and it gets hotter you need to take a little more care!!

Have a brilliant holiday!!

Best wishes

Breeze

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Cool breeze on the beach the last 2 days, cold in the shade. Away from the beach ok but cool breeze tonight, extra long vest weather.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

Piggin freezing tonight! Got me socks on, very cool breeze. Bring a thick vest. Much colder this week than last week.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

We fly out this Friday and my wife has packed some light cardigans for herself and I have a couple of light jumpers, do we need to bring anything more substantial? I have looked at the 14 day weather forecast and copied it below so am starting to get confused as to what to bring.

The warmest day over the next 2 weeks in Banjul is forecast to be 4th April at 34°C (93°F) and the warmest night on 31st March at 21°C (70°F). The average temperature over the next 14 days is forecast to be 29°C (84°F) and there will be 14 days of sunshine . The average for March is 26°C (79°F) in Banjul.

The forecast also shows the lowest evening temperature of 19 degrees

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

If you travel in a light fleece you will be fine. Those of us that have acclimatised feel the cold more. However it's the evening sea breeze that makes 21 feel colder, it's starting to blow again this evening. During the day is fine.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

Granny

Many thanks for the advice a fleece it is them,

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

Was decidedly chilly last night, went past Yasminas and no one was sitting on the windy corner. Heledd went to bed early in her socks to keep warm! Looks like it's going to be another cool night again tonight.

Get answers to your questions about Kololi