We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking gifts

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taking gifts

Hi all,

First time poster so be gentle :-)

We are going to TG for our first visit on Wednesday 16th April, can't wait after spending the last few weeks reading the forums.

We are planning to take some gifts (football shirts, balloons, kids vitamins & painkillers etc) but we are unsure about who or where is best to give it to. Don't want to play the benevolent tourist part (although would love to see a bunch of the local kids in the Glasgow Rangers shirts), so can anyone suggest the best way to make sure that what we take gets to people who would benefit most from it,without causing any fuss? We are staying at the Senegambia for 7 nights.

Cheers

Rich

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking gifts

Have a look on here for helleds beach days. Can't do much better as your will meet the kids and any gifts will be gratefully received......not sure about the rangers shirts tho lol.

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking gifts

Any basic first aid items would be gratefully received by First Aid 4 Gambia. PM me for details on how to donate.

Level Contributor
72 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking gifts

I am flying out to gambia on 18th taking 3 suit cases full of stuff for a local village I be glad fir any medical stuff as I am not taking to much medical stuff this time

4. Re: Taking gifts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kololi