We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Binis and Black and White bars

Ascot
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Binis and Black and White bars

While in TG the last time, Binis and The Black and White closed for different reasons. Have either of these bars that I often frequented reopened or have any prospect of reopening ?

Kololi, Gambia
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Binis and Black and White bars

binis was closed when i was there at the end of march

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Binis and Black and White bars

Bini's is very unlikely to reopen as it was. A group of owners / managers looked at the possibility but rejected it. Don't know about Black & White but I was told it was only the lack of a license that got it closed. The fact that it hasn't reopened I think there must have been more to it? I think there were a couple of people killed in a bar fight in that area but don't know if it was that bar or not.

Kotu, Gambia
Level Contributor
658 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Binis and Black and White bars

peedyc.

there was a serious altercation in the area and the licences of tavern hustlers, joko's, mingles and the black and white bar were revoked for one month. the licences were reinstated with the proviso that loud sound systems were strictly controlled (never an issue at the black and white) and everything has been back as was for over three months.

black and white is my "local" and the crafty cockney serves a well cared for draught julbrew.

jon.

banjul
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Binis and Black and White bars

Speedy; Never let the truth get in the way of some good tittle tattle.

Las Alpujarras
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Binis and Black and White bars

"Vivid imagination" ?!

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Binis and Black and White bars

Albert I can assure you that at least one person was killed in a bar brawl in that area. As you have previously said "any fool can look up the internet" but instead of checking your information you ridicule yourself by criticising others without any proof or facts and you turn out to be wrong yet again. Check the Gambian Daily Observer Feb 20th. "A brawl that broke out between two ‘drunken’ men at a bar on Tuesday night in Kololi left one of the men dead, the Daily Observer has gathered."

Cenacheros66 Who has a vivid imagination? Albert supposedly lives in TG yet appears to know little of what is happening under his nose and makes comments without any knowledge of the subject.

banjul
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Binis and Black and White bars

Speedy. So are you saying that b&w is closed ? The reason I ask is that I remember when you proclaimed on here that Neils bar was to close and it never did.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Binis and Black and White bars

Albert, Black and White was closed and had its license revoked as Jon confirmed. I was not aware that it had reopened as it had not by the time I left last time. I assumed that Paul had more knowledge as he asked if it would ever reopen. If you bother to read other comments rather than make personal comments about me you will see that Jon confirmed that Black & White is reopened. Your question was answered before you decided to make your inane comment. There was no reason for that apart from attacking me and failing (again).

What has Neil's Bar not closing got to do with this topic? It was not one of the bars that the post was about. If you ask Neil yourself he will confirm that everyone in the same block was given notice to vacate at the time. The fact that it didn't happen was due to Court action which took ages.

From your sarcastic comment and by bringing Neil's Bar not closing into the argument I can only assume you are suggesting I got it wrong about Bini's and Black and White too and they didn't close. Unfortunately I think you will find that Bini's is closed still.

As I have given you details and facts would you please do the forum the same courtesy and supply hard facts and evidence to back up your previous comments, namely about Solicitors getting information wrong re sale of properties, (name them and give one instance) what in particular is wrong with the "British Solicitor" that you warned people off using their services. (Why and under what circumstances?) You said you had adverse information about WAG but refused to give details too! If you are so sure of your facts then name those involved and give details so that you are actually giving "advice" rather than just gossip. You cannot be successfully prosecuted for libel if you have facts and they are correct. What are you worried about?

As you said in so many words, if you have nothing to contribute don't.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Binis and Black and White bars

P.S. Yet another topic that will no doubt be closed because Albert has nothing to contribute so attacks another member and goes off topic.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Binis and Black and White bars

beginning to look like banjulbert is a troll. rarely contributing anything useful but making personal attacks instead to start controversy and upset people.

Get answers to your questions about Kololi