We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senigambia beach

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Senigambia beach

I was told in March that work to repair the beach was due to start in May / June have they started?

Arch Tours
Cultural Tours, Eco Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Black and White Safari - Day Tours
Private Tours, Safaris, Day Trips
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Senigambia beach

This is The Gambia, Wait for a few Years, then maybe have them do it..

Bakau, Gambia
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Senigambia beach

they will never repair the damage in I month of sundays

Mold, Wales
Level Contributor
495 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Senigambia beach

I don't know if repair work has started since we left the Kairaba at the end of April but along that stretch of seafront, the Kairaba has done a functional but not pretty job of repairing the sea defences and allowing beach access - but you do need to be OK up and down steps. The Sennegambia Beach's effort already needed great care and attention and good mobility by the end of the 2014 season and the Kololi Beach Club's beach access looked pretty challenging to all but the fit and agile who are willing to jump the last bit down to the beach. Not sure about the way back up.

I added pictures of the beach access at the Kairaba and Sennegambia Beach to my TA review of the Kairaba Hotel but I didn't go back past the Beach Club to photograph there for my review as the tide was fully in.

Proper repairs will cost a lot of money so I suspect that each property will patch up as best it can afford to, when it can afford to in order to prevent the erosion of its own land. Even the Kairaba's most recent work was already failing in part.

Edited: 22 July 2014, 14:45
Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Senigambia beach

When it was last done it was a picture couldn't believe the difference it cost around four million I was told and took a while to do. but well worth it

5. Re: Senigambia beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kololi