We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

palma rima

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
palma rima

Hi has anybody stayed in the palma rima bungalows?. I visited gambia two years ago and stayed at the senigambia which was lovely. My sister has booked the palma rima on an alinclusive basis.and has know

Split with her husband and I will be accompanying her.... iv heard so many conflicting stories . In the middle of nowhere,etc anybody been here? Thank you

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: palma rima

Hi Karen,

1st Problem going Al-inclusive Basis, so much outside much cheaper.

Split's are usually not nice, just watch She doesn't fall's for a Bumster..

It has the Biggest Pool in Gambia, Right on the Main Highway, grab the Yellow Taxi's to go anywhere.

''.. Rich....

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: palma rima

Hi Karen, I will be at the Palma Rima for the 1st time this Xmas. Some friends of mine stayed there last year, and I went in to have a look around. I cannot comment on the bungalows as they stayed in the 3 storey block but I can confirm that the Palma Rima isn't in the middle of nowhere - there are many bars and restaurants within a short walk and shops and money exchanges too.

Edited: 02 August 2014, 22:21
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: palma rima

Totally agree with Ric,my friends went there earlier in the year all inclusive, worse thing they could have done they said with all the nice eating establishmeets outside,the food at palma on the all.Inc menu is also different from what the palma punters pay for which apparently us better. Sennagambia hotel is also a far superior hotel than Palma Rima by a country mile.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: palma rima

Thanks rich yes I realise about all inclusive, but it's paid for now but we can still eat out. Just worried palma rima in middle of no were and have heard some bad reports so just wondering what the feed back from people in the no

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: palma rima

Palma Rima for me is in a great.location far better than being near the strip, palma Rima road going to the beach has plenty of nice bars along the lines way,your near Kuntaeh Kinteah beach bar,good music at Buckarabu outside the hotel,it's good. Bungalows are nice and better than cell block h, think you have to upgrade when you arrive,enjoy.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: palma rima

Another thing, is get in to Churchill's Bar just down The Road, have some crazy Karaoke's.

If You are a normal Person, You won't worry about what People have said there..

I Love the Gambia, since 2001, Try Driving Down next time.. :-) :-) :-)

Enjoy....!!!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: palma rima

Palma Riva is a short walk or cheap taxi to the strip. It has several bars/restaurants around it. Just because you've gone all inclusive, it doesn't mean you have to eat all your meals in the hotel. When you've got a little confidence try eating elsewhere - it can be as cheap as you like.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: palma rima

Ive heard people say 'Oh never mind about the all inclusive 'until they get to their destination, all of a sudden they don't or won't pay for meals and drinks that they have already paid a few hundred pounds for already, in other words 'were not paying twice'.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: palma rima

Come out of your hotel and cross the main road. About 30 yards up on your left is Come Inn. Very extensive and reasonably priced menu. Further up is Cafe Denmark. They do a 3 course meal which last season was D300 and "entertainment" provided too.

If you head down towards the sea from the hotel you have plenty of bar / restaurants including one of the best Samba's. Sunday lunch superb and also plays host occasionally to one of the best bands in TG, Dark Lightning.

Nice beach there too with plenty of Beach bars / restaurants to have a go at. You are also only a 20 minute walk from the strip but take a taxi back at night.

Enjoy!!

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: palma rima

We've not stayed at PR so can't comment on that but you've made a good choice in staying in the PR Rd area.

There are lots of good quality restaurants - Sambas, Luigi's (Italian), Cafe Denmark, Shiraz (Lebanese), Come Inn to name but a few. All will welcome you if you just want a drink.

The beach is a five minute walk away where there are lovely beach bars/restaurants, fruit stalls & Juice bars. The beach is lovely on this stretch & you can watch the locals haul their fishing nets in (help always appreciated if you have the inclination and lots of energy).

There are market stalls, a supermarket, money exchanges & a couple of local shops nearby.

Taxis can be flagged down outside the hotel to take you the five minute drive to either Kotu or the Strip - fare about D50 to D70 so don't pay more. A twenty minute walk along the beach will take also take you to Kotu or Senegambia (right as you enter the beach for Kotu & left for Senegambia) & there are numerous beach bars etc on the way.

We stayed near the Strip on our first two visits to Gambia & then PR Rd the next two - we much prefer the latter & are returning twice next season which says it all.

We feel PR Rd offers the best of both worlds & hopefully you will feel the same way.

Keep reading this forum for advice & tips & I look forward to reading your report on your return!

Get answers to your questions about Kololi