We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in August in Andaman Islands

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
63 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in August in Andaman Islands

Hello,

does anyone know what the weather is like in the second half of August in the Andamans?

Thanks

Giovanna

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,270 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in August in Andaman Islands

Raining, I think. Andamans has good weather from January to mid-May, and to some extent in October. It recieves rainfall from both the South West Monsoon (June-September) and the North East monsoon (Nov-Dec).

The South-West Monsoon has already arrived in the Andamans this year.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in August in Andaman Islands

I had been twice to Andaman in 2007 once in March and August and in August every day for 2nd half of the day it keeps raining at maximum level and local people say rainfall is a common feature and part of their life. The best season is November to April.

moscow
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in August in Andaman Islands

What about flies? Did you met them?

I could not find information in web^

Please recommend is it a real problem?

How to protect oneself?

We are planning havelock island this january.

Thanx a lot

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in August in Andaman Islands

Hi

The worst problem is sand flies on the beach in the evening time which is a bit of a shame as we enjoyed sipping our gin & tonics and watching the sunset until we realised we were getting bitten to death.This was at Barefoot Jungle resort on Havelock Island. We went in November last year and had two weeks of sunshine

Regards

Doug

blore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in August in Andaman Islands

can anyone let me know the weather condition in portblair,i'm plannin to travel on aug 29th.Does it rain heavily?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in August in Andaman Islands

You may checkout the current weather from here wunderground.com/global/stations/43333.html

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in August in Andaman Islands

Hi

Basically you can expect plenty of rain Port Blair is only a few miles from Havelock

Regards

Doug

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in August in Andaman Islands

If you want to have value for money and play safe avoid travelling till October, as these are islands there are no predictions, i was there in August last week and all the 3 days we just had to stay inside the hotel for 2nd half of the day, when i casually checked with the locals they say no predictions it can rain anytime. As i visited twice once in March and next in August i could clearly find the difference, you miss all beauty of the beaches in moonsoon. If you are depserate and dont have options travel in monsoon time and try your luck.

9. Re: Weather in August in Andaman Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 05:15