We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather mid april - beg May Andaman/Havelock

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather mid april - beg May Andaman/Havelock

According to most web searches this looks like a pretty good time to go ? Am I right - or will it be very wet? Just looked at the weather forecast just now for real time weather and looks like permanent thunderstorms! Really hoping to go 20th April - 4 th May, but please advise if you don't think this is a great time to go for sunbathing/snorkelling etc etc!

Blue Corals Dive
Scuba & Snorkeling
Andaman Bubbles
Scuba & Snorkeling
Dive India
Scuba & Snorkeling
Experience Andamans
Multi-day Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather mid april - beg May Andaman/Havelock

Hi Ocb

I think you're getting a bit late for the best weather which Dec/March. A lot of things close after that

Regards

Doug

London
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather mid april - beg May Andaman/Havelock

Hi Doug

Thanks for getting back to me. Have you been April/May - what is the weather like? And what closes - accomodation still taking bookings for that period, so is it dive shops/social etc you refer to?

Thanks

Olivia

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather mid april - beg May Andaman/Havelock

Hi, I'm facing the same problem. It seems that there are permanent thunderstorms these days in Andaman, and this being the right season i wonder what would happen in may ?

I have already booked flights and hotels for mid-may but now i'm a bit skeptical. Some people say the weather is nice and even the weather charts says the same however some people say its very hot and rainy in may, can somebody provide right info ?

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather mid april - beg May Andaman/Havelock

Hi

We went in early December and understand Dec/Mar is the best weather you will perhaps get away with it in late April but most the sea activities diving etc I believe close down later in May. Some of local's weather reports may be a trifle optimistic as are some of the claims made by the resort operators

Regards

Doug

5. Re: Weather mid april - beg May Andaman/Havelock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Andaman and Nicobar...