We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 7 Day plan in Feb…..any changes??

Pune
Level Contributor
507 posts
712 reviews
Save Topic
My 7 Day plan in Feb…..any changes??

Hi,

I need suggestion for my Honeymoon trip to Andaman Island

I’ll fly from Pune to Chennai in mid night and will catch early air India flight to Port Blair. My day 1 will begin at around 8 in morning. I did my flight booking and Andaman booking thro’ reliable local tour operator.

He gave me 7 day tour plan which I’m posting in short.

Suggest me about my plan. Which places should I visit apart from below plan or which places I can skip etc.?

Any extra suggestions are most welcome

Day 1: In Port Blair, Corby’s Cove Beach, Cellular Jail and Evening free

Day 2: Ross Island, Chidiya tapu after lunch, after sunset back to PB.

Day 3: To Havelock Island, Radhanagar beach and evening free (probably candle light Dinner on beach).

Day 4: Scuba diving (This is my plan) and after 2PM no activity as such. (Suggest places after lunch time)

Day 5: No plan till now for morning, Sail for Port Blair in the evening and Evening free in PB (suggest nice dinner place)

Day 6: Mount Harriet and evening free OR Baratang Island for Limestone caves & Active Mud Volcano. (I have to choose one day tour option or any other place)

Day 7: Return flight to Chennai in morning by 9am. (Night stay in Chennai before leaving to Pune by Spice Jet airline) so 21hr in Chennai (no plan till now for Chennai)

Thanks in advance

Pritesh, Pune

Gandhinagar, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My 7 Day plan in Feb…..any changes??

hi Pritesh,

I am just now back from my HM trip to Andaman...

I would suggest you do add following if possible...

1) Joly Bouy Island. Its very nice and famous for snorkelling. Its a half day trip and can be done in morning. You will be back by evening 3.30

2) Do visit Baratang Island... as you would enjoy the way for Lime stone cave and its very different thing to see. Mud volcano is ok but a nice one to see something different again.

3) Mount Harriet can be done in 2-3 hours max. If possible and convinient you can even go at early morning 6 and be back by 8 or 9 max. Sunrise and sunset is very early in PB. Full day is waste for mount harriet. The main thing to see there is the place of snap of light house which is their on back of rs.20 note and few views from the top. While coming you can visit to Saw mill... if properly planned... and executed (Provided your better half loves to travel too) then it all can be done on day 1 only. Though you might need to stretch yourself a bit.. but then do see if possible.

Samudrika museam is nice in PB. If you are staying in TSG then its near from there.

In havelock.. you can hire a activa/pleasure... easily available and take a stroll... its very small island. The other places to view is Kalapathar Beach and elephant training camp (which we gave a miss)

Regards

Nihit.

Pune
Level Contributor
507 posts
712 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My 7 Day plan in Feb…..any changes??

Thanks a lot Nihit... will make a note of this and will contact my agent to plan my day trips.

My agent is ready to rearrange the plan which is good for us.

My fiance love to travel so traveling will not be any issue.

What about Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park or Jollybuoy or Redskin island.

Can you tell me approx time which we suppose to spend ( traveling from PD + sight seen )

-Joly Bouy Island

-Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park

-Chidiya tapu

-Samudrika museam (?? )

our Hotels

Port Blair : Megapod Nest.

Havelock : see shell resort.

Gandhinagar, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My 7 Day plan in Feb…..any changes??

hi...

Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park can be done in max 15 min.. its a small museam... attached by jetty & water sport complex. Jetty is used to ship ferry towards ROSS ISLAND... which is very nice and can be done in 2 hours.

Red Skin is closed now and Joly Bouy is opened. As far as my info is concerned and as per the discussion held with ferry person.. he said one island is opened at a time and Joly bouy is currently opened for trip. If you are going to Joly Bouy, you can also do wandoor beach which is very nice.

Since we had done this, many people told us that there is no need to do Chidiya Tapu since you had done wandoor as its almost same and thus we gave a miss.

Samudrika museam is very near and within the city. You can do it on the way from Mt. Harriat > Saw Mill > Samudrika.... if planned properly.. u can complete the same in less then 3-4 hours. We left at around 8am and were back by 1pm.

Regards

Nihit

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My 7 Day plan in Feb…..any changes??

Hi Pritesh

Just one point on your visit to Havelock -the candle light dinner on the beach not sure where you're going to get it from but would warn you that you will be eaten to death by sandflies at beach 7 (Radhanagar) from dusk onwards. However you may be very lucky and see giant turtles laying their eggs on this beach at night

Regards

Doug

Pune
Level Contributor
507 posts
712 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My 7 Day plan in Feb…..any changes??

Thanks a lot Doug and Nihit.

Will ask then to have beach candle light dinner in Havelock... :)

Chennai, Tamil...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: My 7 Day plan in Feb…..any changes??

Hiiiii pritesh

Candle light dinner could be a difficult option . i would love to add the ross and smith island on your itinerary . . .. these are the twin islands situated nearly 10 hours from the capital. . . you are need not spend 3 days at havelock . . .its better for 2 days . . .. .have a visit to neil island rather than being at havelock for 3 days . . .. its just 40 mins from havelock island . . . .neil island is full of greens . .. its a beautiful place to be . . . i would also suggest you to check with other tour operators . . . Andaman excursions are the one . . .

7. Re: My 7 Day plan in Feb…..any changes??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2012, 10:19