We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to carry for Andaman Trip + do's and don'ts

Pune
Level Contributor
508 posts
751 reviews
Save Topic
What to carry for Andaman Trip + do's and don'ts

Hi,

I am leaving for Andaman in month of Feb 2012 on Honeymoon.

Need help/list of item which I suppose to carry along with me.

Let’s start this thread so other people can refer this forum before traveling to Andaman.

If such kind of thread exists then let me know.

Those who already visited this place can help others.

Regards,

Pritesh Kulkarni.

Gandhinagar, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to carry for Andaman Trip + do's and don'ts

hi pritesh,

As such everything is available in Port Blair and can be taken from there however normally medicines should be carried as if its not available as per prescription then their might be a problem.

Rest on do's and don't, enjoy... as andaman is great with relaxed environment. You can refer other threads too as many things are covered in the same.

Regards

Nihit

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to carry for Andaman Trip + do's and don'ts

Pritesh, you're getting married, it's take with US - from February there will be two of you.

As Nihit says, take what you would expect to take, though I took loads of mozzie spray for the rooms, and it wasn't needed as the two places we stayed had kit.

Where are you staying ?

Pune
Level Contributor
508 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to carry for Andaman Trip + do's and don'ts

Sat in Andaman

Port Blair : Megapod nest resort (5 Days)

Havelock island : Sea shell resort ( 3 Days)

Thanks for input RomanCitizen,UK

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to carry for Andaman Trip + do's and don'ts

We stayed at both places (I was part of a small birdwatching group).

Megapode Nest is fine, though a bit out of town. Port Blair is OK (it's a town of 80,000 people) but not very exciting, so try and get out and look around the island: you can walk (or get a taxi) to the ferry and cross to Bamboo Flats, then get a taxi to take you to the top of Mount Harriett (national park) and walk back down to the ferry (would take a couple of hours I guess). Beautiful forest all the way down. There is a tour company which we hired, send me a private mail if you want the details.

The Sea Shell has excellent food, but the beach is only good for swimming at high tide. It's some way from Radhanagar beach - we went at dawn, it was wonderful: there is an elephant giving rides - my idea of hell, but when they had finished they took the elephant to the lagoon behind the beach, and scrubbed it: I just sat and watched - mesmerised - but I am sure if I had asked they would have let me join in.

india
Level Contributor
67 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to carry for Andaman Trip + do's and don'ts

suns-cream lotion , dry fruits, torch , medicine etc

dont forget to have sea food

if any other quary pls let me know if require send me ure no ... will catch u

6. Re: What to carry for Andaman Trip + do's and don'ts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2013, 10:15