We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help and advise please

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
help and advise please

Hi, I would love to visit the Andaman Islands for three nights. I can arrange my own flights arriving in Port Blair at midday. Can I then get a ferry to Havelock island (where I wish to stay) or do I have to stay one night in port Blair first? Also how do I get from airport to ferry jetty? How far is it?

I am not interested in travelling around, I just wish to spend time relaxing on a very quiet beautiful beach.

Can you tell me the ferry times to and from Havelock and can I book in advance online?

Finally, any recommendations for accomodation would be appreciated as would any other advise. I would be going in March.

Sorry so many questions.. Mandy

Edited: 17 February 2012, 19:07
Mentioned in this post
Port Blair
Port Blair
South Andaman Island, India
Havelock Island
Havelock Island
Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India
Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help and advise please

Hi Mandy

I think you will be too late for the Ferry that day arriving at that time since I was there last there have been a number of innovations in transport such as seaplanes so that may change things but it's more expensive obviously if you go back through the post there is plenty of information about it. I think Barefoot is the only place to stay in Havelock on the best part of the island and the best beach by far. Not expensive by western standards. Enjoy your stay

Regards

Doug

Mentioned in this post
Havelock Island
Havelock Island
2. Re: help and advise please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2012, 02:29
Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help and advise please

I am interested in using the seaplane or helicopter to transfer to Havelock. I have searched the web but seem to be getting contradicting information so can someone give me the latest up to date info please.

Can I prebook either of these over the phone/email or would I be able to get a ticket when I arrive at Port Blair. How often do they fly?

Many thanks for any help

Mentioned in this post
Havelock Island
Havelock Island
Port Blair
Port Blair
South Andaman Island, India
4. Re: help and advise please

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2012, 02:26
Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help and advise please

Thank you. Can you give me i.fo on local agent who could do this for me please

6. Re: help and advise please

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help and advise please

Thank you for your help.

Manchester
Level Contributor
458 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help and advise please

Contrary to previous post, the afternoon ferry to Havelock is 2pm (i took this ferry 2 weeks ago) - depending on when your flight gets in you could make this time. You will only need to be at the port at 1.30pm at the earliest.

Mentioned in this post
Havelock Island
Havelock Island
9. Re: help and advise please

10. Re: help and advise please

Edited: 27 August 2012, 02:26
Get answers to your questions about Andaman and Nicobar...