We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andaman in june 3rd week

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Andaman in june 3rd week

I plan to visit Andaman during June 20-27 with my wife. The air tickets are booked. Can you tell me the weather condition of Andaman during then ? I have read lot of discouraging info on internet owing to rains. Will Andaman be very bad during June ? What best can be done during this season. I don't want to cancel my plan .

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,809 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andaman in june 3rd week

Hi Sudheer

June is monsoon season

Main problem is that ferry or cruise operations are weather dependent

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Andaman in june 3rd week

Andaman in June? Pouring rains, unreliable ferries, terrible connections for a start. Simple advice, reschedule to winter. Or pray for el-nino.

Thane, India
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andaman in june 3rd week

Honest opinion, this may be a bad time to visit the island. The answers are bang on, the island is very weather dependent. But Its holiday time, so go with the flow, enjoy the unexpected,you never know.....Also you may have a lot more fun if dont keep too many expectations :) happy holidays

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
218 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andaman in june 3rd week

hope it doesn't rain during your stay there..stay safe & take care

Nagpur, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andaman in june 3rd week

I agree with Anirudha. Weather as well as the ferries would be unreliable. But the beauty is amazing. Its an awesome experience to watch the rain-sheet travel over the great blue. Rain in tropical rainforests and the smoking mountains after rain is what you shouldn't cancel your trip for. Just don't advance pay for any local trip. Happy holidaying!

Noida, India
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Andaman in june 3rd week

Hi Sudheer,

I also share the same travel plan as yours. Please suggest if you have any useful info or you have re-scheduled your trip.

How is the actual weather these days?

Edited: 17 June 2014, 06:03
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Andaman in june 3rd week

You guys can try your trip with Yes Tourism India. Call @ 9007742360

Port Blair, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Andaman in june 3rd week

Hi Sudheer,

Avobe mentioned details are true to the best of my knowledge.I wont suggest you to cncl your plan rather i would be happy to make your holiday more beautiful and romatic.

** Book your hotel near Marine hill / Carbyn's cove or near beach area to njoy the scenic beauty.

Day1: Carbyn's cove and cellular jail

Day2. Chidiyatapu(Trekking/ hiking)

Day3. Baratang/

Day4: start for Havelock. ni8 stay at beach side cottage(stadard cottage- goldstar/ cross bill)

Day5: vist elephanta beach(depends on weather condition) afternoonback to port blair

Day6: wandoor/city tour/ mount harriet national park/ 3 islands

call on 9007742360 for any kind of assistance

8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Andaman in june 3rd week

Will the weather be pleasant at the end of May (last week)??

10. Re: Andaman in june 3rd week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 09:16