We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Hyderabad to the Maldives

Richmond, VA
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Hyderabad to the Maldives

Can anyone give me an idea about how to get from Hyderabad to the Maldives? Í'll be in Hyderabad on business and wanted to visit the islands.

I had read elsewhere that Air Sahara flew to the Maldives but their website doesn't list the Maldives capital city, Male, as a destination. Air India does list Male but I have heard that Air India is troubled by delays and cancellations.

I still haven't been able to tell how long the jouney is. It looks close on a map, but since I am uneducated regarding Indian geopgraphy, distance can be misleading.

Any suggestions?

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Hyderabad to the Maldives

I haven't looked up where Hyderbad actually is in India but I would think best bet is fly to the middle east Dubai,Bahrain or Doha. You can easily get an on flight from there Dubai probably has the most flights

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Hyderabad to the Maldives

Hyderabad is located in South part of India.

Your best bet to travel in the shortest route from Hyderabad to Male would be using the Srilankan Airlines www.srilankan.aero with change over at Colombo. You can book a direct eTicket from their website, may be you need to spend few hrs at Colombo, however to my knowledge if its more than 8hrs they do provide Hotel accommodation, (anyhow do confirm on this)

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Hyderabad to the Maldives

You can also fly Indian Airlines out of Bangalore or Trivandrum(a.k.a Thiruvananthapuram) to Male.

The Indian airlines flight from Bangalore to Male leaves Blr at 10 am IST and reaches Male at 1200 noon (its usually late by about half n hour). This right time to to get to a resort and checkin.

To reach Bangalore from Hyderabad is not a problem there are lots of flights. Infact you can take a early morning flight out from Hyderabad to Blr (or Trivandrum) and then take the Male flight from Bangalore.

If you dont have a travel agent doing this for you then checkout www.yatra.com for these bookings.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Travel from Hyderabad to the Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 04:15