We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping for pearls

Which Hyderabad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
shopping for pearls

Where to get good quality and reasonably priced pearls in Hyderabad.

I am going to stay near Hi tech city.

Bhavnagar, India
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping for pearls

From where should I buy pearl set & Hyderabadi Sarees?

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping for pearls

Iam not sure about shops in Hi-Tech even if you find one it will be a bit over priced after the area is Hi-Tech and an upscale area.

You can try Jagadamba Pearls, Mangatrai Peals and a few more located in the prime locations. Jagadamba also has an website you can check for the location address.

As for the Hyderabad Saree Iam not sure what you actually mean, as to my best knowledge most of the common sarees are purchased from your Gujrat State itself. Just in case if you are referring to the traditional handloom sarees weaved in Andhra Pradesh then check this site. http://www.apcofabrics.com/showrooms.html which is managed by the State Govt.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping for pearls

ok. thanks. Is the pricing fine in jagadamba or mangatrai?

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping for pearls

Yes Jagadamba can be taken as moderate pricing with decent quality, as always you have many varieties starting from few hundreds to few thousands and you can find them there.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
21 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping for pearls

Hyderabad is famous for Pochampally silk - go directly to their website: pochampally . com

Check ABIDS, Hyderabad 500001, ANDHRA PRADESH

Tel: 24755216 or check at wholesale market places.

You can try Nalli Begumpet for long lasting good quality & for bridal or evening wear, go to Neerus or Meena Bazaar.

Hope this helped.

Hyderabad
Level Contributor
63 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping for pearls

Hem,

Jagadamba and Mangatrai are premium brands of Shop in Hyderabad....... You pay heavy premium for there location, try location and shops at charminar...... there are 100's of shops.....

No pearl carries a money back policy, you cannot sell it back to why pay for heavy amount......

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping for pearls

I bought the pearls from SIddhi Jewellers in Begumpet. The pearls were of good quality and reasonably priced as compared to Mangatrai from where i bought the pearls last time.

Hyderabad
Level Contributor
63 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shopping for pearls

Well thats great................ Try your luck at charminar the next time............ Could save more or carry more.......

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shopping for pearls

The problem with Charminar area, reliability. Even the above shop i could identify and go because of the recommendation of a local person.

Bhubaneswar, India
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: shopping for pearls

My self Nishith from orissa.

Want to purchase pearls for my own shop.

From where i will get pearls in wholesale price?

Edited: 20 February 2013, 19:03