We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

Which Tirupati hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

Hello,

We are planning to pay respect to Lord Balaji in November 2014. And while looking at the website, I saw special catagory called Privileged Darshan : a special entry point meant for NRIs. How can I take an advantage of this service? Where should I go? Is there a special ticket I need to buy? If so, can I book it online?

I am travelling with my parents who are seniors. And I read that in the senior citizen catagories they only allow extra person if senior cann't walk or have wheel chair access which is not in our case. Hence, we are looking at NRI option so we all can worship Lord Balaji at a same time.

Thanks You.

80 replies to this topic
Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,059 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

Hi,

The darshan for NRIs cannot be pre-booked. Please go the entrance VQC-1on Mada Street, alongwith your passport (or any other document to prove your NRI Status). Prior to reaching this entrance, visit any TTD information kiosk and check the exact timing and reach atleast 30 minutes prior to the time slot.

CarLink

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

Hi,

Myself & my husband are NRIs. My in-laws are over 65 years of age. Can we all join together in the previleged quota (we under NRI & in-laws under senior citizens)?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,059 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

Hi Deepika,

You will not be able to combine the NRI + Sr. Citizen quota because there are separate entrances for both categories. For NRIs, the entrance is from Supatham (South Mada Street), whereas for Sr. Citizens, it is from Mahadwaram (Main Gate) area.

Probably, they will allow your in-laws alongwith you in NRI queue.

CarLink

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
461 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

I wish your inlaws can join with you people. You can request them.hopefully they agree.

Save Reply
5. Re: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

I have an infant 11 months old .. My Dharshan is on 10/10/2014 ..

How much time it will take for Dharshan !! We are bit scared of crowd ..

Do we get any special entry ..

Chennai
Level Contributor
58 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

Hi Satish

There is a special privilege for parents with infants less than 12 months. You need to be carrying age proof of your infant for that. For timings please visit the ttd website for more details

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,059 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

Hi Satish-Nimai,

With age-proof of the infant in hand, reach Supatham (South Mada Street) entrance (near Vaikuntham 'Q' Complex by 10:00/10:30 in the morning. You will have a privileged darshan in about an hour or so. Please ensure you carry adequate water & infant food so as to ensure that the infant is not inconvenienced.

Relax, Lord Srinivasa will take care.

CarLink

Edited: 09 October 2014, 18:21
USA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

We are planning to arrive by car from Chennai airport to Tirupathi early hours of Nov. 28th. We are NRIs and want to visit Temple, do darshan, and catch flight to Vizag that evening at 3:30 pm. Is this possible to do this on such a tight schedule? I would appreciate any advise and help. Thanks, Gopal

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

Hi,

I am NRI and visiting Tirumala on 20th November. I am also struggling with the same question. To be on safe side, I am buying 300Rs. Darshan ticket. Though, I am going to try NRI line up as well given they are short and less wait time. I will post my experience post my Darshan. Keep wired ......

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,059 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?

hI TATA3401

The special entrance for NRI is located on Supatham (South Mada Street - near Vaikuntham 'Q' Complex) You will need to carry documentary proof to prove that your a NRI. The exact timing keeps changing and the same can be checked at any of the TTD Information Kiosk at Tirumala,

Have a divine trip.

CarLink

Edited: 10 November 2014, 07:37
Reply to: How and where to go for Privileged Darshan for NRIs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted