We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend trip to Vishakapatnam

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend trip to Vishakapatnam

Hi,

Some friends and I (group of 5 guys) are planning to go to Vishakapatnam for the 15th/16th September weekend.

I've heard that the beaches there are fantastic especially for those of us who live closer to the East coast of India than the West. After some preliminary research, we realized that we want to stay on the Rushikonda beach. This is because we would probably explore Vizag in during the 2 days that we are there and since Vizag does not offer a happening night life, we would have our own party at night.

Now, I needed advice on 2 things:

1. Whether these assumptions are true. In the sense that, is there really no place in Vizag (read RK Beach) where we can have a few drinks on the beach late into the night?

2. Which resorts should I be looking at on Rushikonda Beach (any other beach?). Budget is not really a problem. We just need a resort which has a private beach where we can go late in the night and have a few drinks. If there are no such resorts, is it safe to go on the beach late at night? Does the police create a problem?

Basically, is there even a small patch of Vizag that is like Goa? :P

Thanks in advance,

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend trip to Vishakapatnam

No, don't compare Vizag with Goa. It is much more conservative. Pointwise answers to your questions:

1)There is no such place even during daytime. But a great option is to stay in Hotel Novotel (opp to RK Beach) and party inside there. The hotel is right opposite to the beach has a good view of the beach from the restaurants and all the rooms.

2) In Rushikonda, there is AP Tourism resort and Vihar. But there is no private beach anywhere. It is also not safe to go on beach late night and drinking is prohibited on the beach any time.

Edited: 14 September 2012, 11:06
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend trip to Vishakapatnam

Thanks! The trip didn't happen this weekend though.. Should happen in one of the coming weekends..

Will keep the tips in mind!

Thanks again!

3. Re: Weekend trip to Vishakapatnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2013, 10:17