We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please suggest vizag araku itinerary

Kolkata (Calcutta...
6 posts
Save Topic
Please suggest vizag araku itinerary

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to vizag and araku with family in last week of january'2014. I have planned as following--

Day 1-- Reach vizag , local sightseeing- simachalam,kailashgiri, museum etc

Day 2- Local sightseeing -- yarada beach, dolphin nose, shipyard

Day 3- Araku rail cum road tour by APTDC

Day 4- Return to vizag from araku

Day 5- Catch return flight in the morning

Please let me know--

-If this plan is ok,

-Suggest some hotels within Rs.1500 per day, which are not far from RK beach, and are good standard and clean

-We will be returning at 9 pm on day 4. What is the drop off point in vizag for the APTDC tour? Is any public transport available at that time(to our hotel) from the drop off point of APTDC? Please suggest some hotels in the same range, from where I can reach airport in short time, as we have return flight on 9-30 am

-Please suggest some hotel where bengali food would be available.

S Datta

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please suggest vizag araku itinerary

Your itinerary is perfectly OK, You can choose plenty of Hotels within that range in Maharanipeta area ( Collector's Office) & Jagdamba area or you can also stay at Complex area, you can hire a prepaid Auto or running Auto from the station and if you are travelling to Jagdamba / Maharanipeta, you have to bargain to Rs.50, if you are going to Complex then you have to bargain to Rs.30 - 40. or else you can also take City Express Bus, very frequent within every 2 mins and comfortable, which charge around Rs;. 7 - 8 per person.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please suggest vizag araku itinerary

Thanks for the information. Could you please tell me where bengali food will be available? I will be traveling with my parents and they prefer bengali food :-)

Kolkata (Calcutta...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please suggest vizag araku itinerary

We had a very good trip except some bad experience at Araku (will write about that later in tripadvisor). Thank you tripadvisor members for helping me to plan the trip. And we found a good bengali hotel called "Nimantran", serving authentic and tasty bengali foods. I and my parents had lunch there. It is situated near the Jagadamba cinema hall, in Daba gardens, can't tell the exact location, because our car driver took us to that place. Vizag is a very clean city, and we enjoyed a lot

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please suggest vizag araku itinerary

Hi, How do one travel from Airport to the city? do they have volvo coaches?

5. Re: Please suggest vizag araku itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:16