We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assam Bengal Navigation Company Cruises

Sydney
Level Contributor
32 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Assam Bengal Navigation Company Cruises

Hello, anyone had any experience with them of late? Some very mixed experiences looking at the rather old reviews.

Kent,UK
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assam Bengal Navigation Company Cruises

Very friendly 'staff', interesting food, comfortable cabin....but rather too many cold showers!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
32 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assam Bengal Navigation Company Cruises

Hi Elizabeth, I've been warned off Assam by a number of people on the basis of it not being safe. What was your take on that issue? Also, by cold showers do you mean the boat isn't that well maintained?

Thanks for the help

Alan

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
541 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Assam Bengal Navigation Company Cruises

Hi,

I dont know about Assam Bengal Navigation Company Cruises but its not that Assam is unsafe and you cant travel there.Its a beautiful place.We lived there for almost 3yrs and didnt face any such problem.

Edited: 24 April 2013, 11:51
Arlington VA
Level Contributor
161 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Assam Bengal Navigation Company Cruises

I too am wondering if the boat met basic safety standards as that was a concern of previous posters. I am also concerned if the power was still shut off during the night about refrigeration of food though supposedly battery generated energy during that period. Also, if visiting villages was it difficult to disembark or were you pulled close to the shore.

Seems like an interesting way to visit this part of India but also wondering if I am as adventurous as would be required.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Assam Bengal Navigation Company Cruises

The people behind the cruise have extensive experience in river cruises in challenging environments. I do not think there would be compromise on safety or hygiene. Stay vegetarian if in doubt. The itinerary is well thought out and gives you an insight you can not get on an overland journey. So it would be thumbs up in my view

6. Re: Assam Bengal Navigation Company Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 14:16