We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Up the ganges!

Sandhurst, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
Up the ganges!

Hey everyone i'm going to be trecking around india end of this year and i was thinking of traveling up the ganges towards agra/delhi as the last leg,has anyone got any experieces,advice they could share with me.i was thinking patna to kanpur and it doesnt have to be all by boat. Thanks.

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
965 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Up the ganges!

Thomas this is good, but I am not very sure if you get all cleared bank of Ganges from Patna to kanpur

Sandhurst, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Up the ganges!

Ok thanks,maybe I was being a bit optimistic,where would you say the best town or village is where I could find accomodatiton and experience the comings and goings on the Ganges?

Patna
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Up the ganges!

Patna or Varanasi

Varanasi most popular and crowded but in Patna you can view more and less crowded.

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
965 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Up the ganges!

You can visit Patna , you would get better experiences

Sandhurst, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Up the ganges!

ok thank you very much for the input guys!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Up the ganges!

I hope you would like Varanasi though, it may be over crowded and busiest place but visitors do like it :-).

Happy traveling

Best Regards

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
965 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Up the ganges!

right

8. Re: Up the ganges!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2016, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Patna