We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chandigarh traffic police cash thirsty for delhi vehicles

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Chandigarh traffic police cash thirsty for delhi vehicles

We were stopped four times one way as we pass through chandigarh checking out car papers and licence as we pass through chandigarh for manali, india claims to be secular country but we feel we r in different land as we cross a few hundred kilometeres from delhi having different rules and different laws.its totally ridiculous. and government shuld look into this matter.else follow the trick pass through chandigarh at nite to avoid such nuisance.

Jaipur in India
Level Contributor
476 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chandigarh traffic police cash thirsty for delhi vehicles

They do it when the see a vehicle from different state... Not in chandigarh almost every where as some of the driver act smart and try not to pay the state tax when they enter in a new state...

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,005 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chandigarh traffic police cash thirsty for delhi vehicles

I very much agree with the above post.

deepak

delhi
Level Contributor
240 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chandigarh traffic police cash thirsty for delhi vehicles

i was in jaipur on last vacation i was stopped just once , thats fine, but stopping four times in a day is a nuisance by all parameters. i will check out a way to reach manali avoiding punjab chandigarh altogether.

Himachal Pradesh...
Destination Expert
for Manali, Shimla
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chandigarh traffic police cash thirsty for delhi vehicles

Hi anurag202,

Everyone id facing the same problem you have faced. even for himachal taxi they do the same....

Regards

Guru Manali

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,561 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chandigarh traffic police cash thirsty for delhi vehicles

chandigarh police have such a bad image . Not other states like that .

We suffered same when we were in Chandigarh six years back . Our driver paid a traffic police and than he git secret no.for next police wala.

" why you are paying Them" when I asked him . He said It save our time and He never paid second or third time he just shows the secret code no. Written on his hand .

Himachal Pradesh...
Destination Expert
for Manali, Shimla
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chandigarh traffic police cash thirsty for delhi vehicles

you are right sir Chandigarh police have such a bad image

7. Re: Chandigarh traffic police cash thirsty for delhi vehicles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Chandigarh
More Chandigarh Topics