We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric Plugs in India?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Electric Plugs in India?

I have a converter to change my 110 US appliances to the 220 Volts in India, but what about the plug? A few days before my trip I am upset to learn that my "Worldwide" converter kit does not include a plug for the 3 round pins needed in India. Will the European plug (2 round pins) work? I've called around and it does not appear that an India plug is easy to find in the US. I'm afraid if I order on line it won't arrive in time. Anyone know where I could get one in the US? Radio Shack does not have.

Thanks!

New Delhi
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Electric Plugs in India?

Hi,

As long as you can change the voltage selector to 220 V it is fine. The plugs nowadays in India have both plug types. If your staying in delhi you will find what you need.

Cheers

Bangkok
Level Contributor
23 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electric Plugs in India?

Hi. Are the plugs in India the small three pin type that used to be used in the UK? Also, Captian Sahil, what do you mean when you say India has "both plug types". What is the second type?

Thanks!

3. Re: Electric Plugs in India?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 12:18