We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time from IGI Airport to Delhi Cantt Rly Station

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Travel time from IGI Airport to Delhi Cantt Rly Station

Dear Experts,

Iam scheduled to arrive at Delhi domestic airport at 6.50pm enroute to Jaipur. I understand that the nearest railway station from where I can board a train to Jaipur is the Delhi Cantt station.

Considering normal office traffic at 7pm, can someone kindly suggest how much time it will take me to travel from the airport to Delhi Cantt Rly stn. I am looking at the Rajdhani Exp at 8.29pm, which gives me approx 1hr40 mins of total transit time.

Any suggestion/advice is most welcome.

Thanks

Deb

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel time from IGI Airport to Delhi Cantt Rly Station

Hi debadatt2003

At 7pm..you need 1 hour..depends on normal traffic to reach delhi cantt..

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel time from IGI Airport to Delhi Cantt Rly Station

Thanks for the quick response Lalbahadur. So just to reconfirm -- is Delhi Cantt station the nearest from the airport (to catch a train to Jaipur) ?

Also what is the approx distance from the domestic terminal to Delhi Cantt station ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel time from IGI Airport to Delhi Cantt Rly Station

Hi

If you want to pick swarnajayanti rajdhani express which runs in between new delhi to ahmedabad..then delhi cantt will be the nearest..approx 5kms from domestic airport

4. Re: Travel time from IGI Airport to Delhi Cantt Rly Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 06:19