We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Goa

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Goa

Hi We are planning our first trip to India in January and want to include a ten night stay in Goa. We are 2 families, each with 2 teenagers. We want a lively area, near restaurants and shopping and at the moment think we will stay in Candolim. I've searched for ages to find the right hotel for us and now I'm just confused. We want a really nice 4/5 star hotel with a large pool/garden and close to everything, including the beach. Considering The Lemon Tree and The Novotel Hotel and Spa - at the very top of our budget and I'm tempted. Do you have an opinion on which is better? There seems some good cheaper options as well like The Country Inn, The Fortune Acron. Is there a big difference in these Four properties? Am I missing a better option? Am I looking in the right area - or would Calangute be better? We usually holiday in Thailand or Bali and good hotels seem much cheaper there. Any advice would be so appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
The Park Baga River Goa
The Park Baga River Goa
#1 of 23 hotels in Arpora
Coco Shambhala
Coco Shambhala
#1 of 128 hotels in Bardez
Sterling Goa Varca
Sterling Goa Varca
#1 of 10 hotels in Varca
5 replies to this topic
Goa, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Goa

Candolim is a nice area, personally I feel better than Calangute. It has the life that you mention in your post. Lemon tree is a good place to stay.

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Calangute
Calangute
North Goa District, India
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Goa

Candolim is the best option.Do check the 'O Hotel ' too it seems in the same price range and is more of a property connected to the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
448 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Goa

Calangute is more crowded and a bit chaotic . You can have a look at Colonia Santa Maria (popularly known as CSM) if you decide on Calangute. Candolim seems to a better option and all the Hotels you have mentioned are good. Novotel and Lemon Tree (Amarante, there is another Lemon Tree I think on the other side of the road) are bang on the main road and the beach would be a 5-10 min walk away depending on which route you take. Acacia is also on the main road. If you want a resort right on the beach in Candolim, please have a look at Marquis Beach Resort, O Hotel & Sonnesta Inns. Then there are the ever popular Santana and Whispering Palms. There are so many options that finally it boils down to the individual requirements . Hope this is of some help.

Edited: 15 August 2017, 08:42
Mentioned in this post
Calangute
Calangute
North Goa District, India
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa
Lemon Tree Amarante...
2,150 Reviews
Candolim, India
Marquis Beach Resort
Marquis Beach Resort
504 Reviews
Candolim, India
The O Hotel
The O Hotel
770 Reviews
Candolim, India
Santana Beach Resort
Santana Beach Resort
1,849 Reviews
Candolim, India
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Whispering Palms Beach...
2,109 Reviews
Candolim, India
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Goa

That's very helpful. Thanks so much everyone.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
323 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Goa

I'm with you Tapetak, Candolim is my locality to stay not too crowded not less. And Novotel is definitely a good hotel to stay. Though I've not stayed there yet, but soon will.

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Reply to: First time in Goa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Goa