We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First day

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,882 posts
300 reviews
Save Topic
First day

Well after getting through the airport in the fastest time ever onto the journey which reminds you just why Goa is so magical, driving down the coastal road past Bogmalo, Colva, Benaulim etc, the sights, the colors, the smells, the cows wandering down the street passed the large church at Benaulim/Varca where the local lads on mopeds dressed in there Sunday bests to impress the girls, on passed the Portugese style villa's and then the huts passed the rice fields and onto Carmona and the fish market on the corner. Finally arriving in Cavelossim passed the Palm grove and the Haathi Mahal where we spent 4 fantastic weeks last year. We then turned right and into Luisa By The Sea did we make the right choice.......? Absolutely !!!! what a tranquil setting so relaxing we are already in Goa mode. We went for a walk down to the beach saying hello to some familiar faces, lunch at Dom's then back to the pool which is 10 yards from our bungalow. Last night (Mrs Jock turned in we don't sleep on planes) so me and Jnr Jock went to the River View sitting on the pontoon, no music just the lapping of the river, as dusk turned to night and the stars made a glow on the river I looked at Freya and thought "How lucky I am, how many father's get to spend such quality time with there 8 year old daughter in such wonderful surroundings?" How lucky I am :-)

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First day

Hi Calumn ~ glad you had a safe journey. Your post has brought a wee tear to my eyes. Can't wait to read your daily updates !!!

Kent
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First day

Callumn so pleased you all arrived Safely. So the Luisa by the sea gets the thumbs up then? Thats good news.

Looking forward to full report on your return, not forgetting HT TJ ;-)

Hope you have a wonderful time. <<< What a ridiculous thing to say!! Of course you will.

leeds uk
Level Contributor
952 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First day

Hi Calumn .

as i read this the snow falls past the window..

i'm not jelous in any way lol

continue to have a magical time

ian........

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First day

Thanks for that...and it wasnt the cold weather here that gave me goose bumps and a lump in my throat.....

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First day

Have a wonderful time goanjock - Im sure you will! It's my turn on Thursday - can't wait. What's the weather like there at the moment? We'll be able to compare notes on North and South on our returns (don't wanna think too much about that just yet though!) Enjoy!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First day

Great to read your thread Callumn, you describe everything so brilliantly and I'm glad Luisa by the Sea has come up to your expections. I look forward to your next instalment.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First day

C'mon Callumn ~ where's Chapter 2 ~ just logged on (at work) and was disappointed not to see a further posting from you !!!

Kent
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First day

Yea agree with MAG hurry up, you are our link to Cavelossim lol.

Also, did you not mean you turned LEFT into the Luisa? Sorry to pick up on that but just so we dont confuse the first timers ;-) lol

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First day

He's probably still relaxing on the beach while we're slogging away at work! I think it's left too Ellibee, he was probably still jet lagged - or maybe it was the Kingfishers!

EDINBURGH
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First day

Hi Goanjock

Isnt Luisa gorgeous, we are so glad we stayed there.After reading your report it all comes flooding back, Goa is definatley a beautiful place. I cant believe we,ve been back 2wks already. (By the way its FREEEEZING here in Scotland).

Enjoy and relax, have a great time

Best wishes

Sharon