We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bugs is spices!!

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bugs is spices!!

I came back from a great holiday in Goa in January, we went to the spice plantation and bought some boxes of mixed spices as presents, one of the recipients called the other day to say she was using the spices when she felt something on her arm, something had laid it's eggs in the vanilla pods and they had hatched (YUK)

She squashed all of the bugs and threw the spices away. Only problem was that she had cooked with the spices before and had probably eaten loads of the little blighters. I thought it was quite an amusing tale that others might enjoy. Sher.x

Kent
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bugs is spices!!

Oh my giddy Aunt!!!!

Thats terrible, I would be freaking out! Actually I am freaking out :-0

Sheffield
Level Contributor
612 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bugs is spices!!

Shame, the bugs add more flavour and texture.

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bugs is spices!!

An extra crunch to your vanilla sugar perhaps!!!

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
20,558 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bugs is spices!!

Now I know what to bring the mother-in-law back on our next trip :-))

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bugs is spices!!

Ha Ha, I hope she enjoys your gift :-) :-)

6. Re: Bugs is spices!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 10:19