We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Application

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Application

I am travelling to Goa in November. When I should apply for my visa? Is it too soon to get it now?

Thanks

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Application

Yes, too soon. Although, I'm not sure what the process is from the UK (I'm from US). Generally, you can get it about a week before you leave. In the US it only takes 1-2 days to process.

London
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Application

Visa's are valid from date of issue and not date of travel. Therefore they may be reluctant to grant visa if you apply too early. Applying in person you can get visa on day - make sure you are there promptly before they open at 0830. If applying by post I would probably apply end August as September onwards is the busy period for visa's.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
520 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Application

Visa form from London says allow minimum of 3 weeks to obtain visa. Last year and the year before the visa took 18 working days form posting to receipt of visa, the benefit of obtianin one in Nov means you coudl travel again in Feb/March on the same visa

n.ireland
Level Contributor
92 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Application

In my experience applying from N. Ireland for a visa usually takes around 2 - 3 weeks so it should be safe enough to leave it until nearer your departure date.

Merseyside, England
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Application

I travel to Goa in November too. Last year I applied in person at Birmingham Embassy. Got there first thing and took my ticket and waited in the queue, fill your application in and have your photos and fee ready. They will then take your application and ask you to return later in the afternoon. Our travel agent has advised us that demand is high at the moment and she had to return the next day as they would only deal with a set amount per day.

I will still be heading to birmingham to collect mine again this year.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Application

I always do mine by post to the Indian Consulate in Birmingham. I usually apply at the end of September and have never had to wait for more than a week to ten days to get my passport back. They are very efficient and it saves the hassle of going in person and having to queue.

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa Application

depends how long you are staying- the visa is valid from date of issue for six months, I am going in November for 7 weeks and will apply next month so it gives a further couple of months if I decide to stay longer