We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight time to goa from manchester?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
flight time to goa from manchester?

How long is the flight to Goa from manchester? think I have pretty much decided to go in November but I am worried the flight time may be too long for my boyfriend as he is not keen on flying at all, also is there any stop offs for a re-fill at all or would the flight be direct?

Thanks

K

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight time to goa from manchester?

A direct flight is usually 9 1/2 hours going out and about 10-11 hours coming back.

It depends on the airline you fly with as to whether or not there is a stop off on the way. I've flown with First Choice and Thomas Cook and both were direct.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight time to goa from manchester?

The Monarch flights usually stop at Bahrain for refuelling. It's about 6 hours to Bahrain and then another 3 and a half to Goa. The flight is on the ground for about an hour but you have to leave the aircraft and re-board.

MANCHESTER UK
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight time to goa from manchester?

See my post - Manchester Flight Update on 1/7/08 its

about page 11.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,840 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight time to goa from manchester?

Do be careful whwen booking your holiday.

DIRECT flights are not the same as NON-STOP flights.

Non-stop is obvious - you don't stop. LOL

A direct flight can mean that you have a refulling stop in Bahrain.

Some travel agents are not clear about the difference between these two terms.

I had a frustrating conversation with a girl in a local travel agent about whether a flight to Kuala Lumpur was non-stop or direct.

She kept saying 'It's direct', but I wanted to know that it left Heathrow and didn't touch down until it got to KL.

We prefer to fly non-stop but the hour or so spent on the ground in Bahrain may be a welcome relief for your boyfriend.

The duty free is cheap there too.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight time to goa from manchester?

We flew from Manchester with MyTravel December 06. The flight was under 9 hours and would have been less but for the fact the airport was still closed.It all depends on flight times and wht direction the winds blowing apparently. On the wayhome it was about 9 hours so we were quite lucky.

6. Re: flight time to goa from manchester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about Goa