We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa Weather and Temp

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Goa Weather and Temp

HI

Calangute Monday September 15th 2210

Temp in Apartment is 28 degrees and it is raining cats and dogs.

Arrived at 0930am(2 hrs late as the plane had to return to Colombo with a problem and be swapped)

Weather at that time a bit of cloud and a bit of sun.

Plenty of puddles everywhere which speaks of heavish rain that has not had time to drain away.

Time for sleep now will report on temp weather and exchange rate tomorrow.

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
591. Re: Goa Weather and Temp

robcop - have a great holiday - mines 6th april and cant wait either!

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
592. Re: Goa Weather and Temp

Hi

Calangute Monday March 30th 1930 IST

Temp on my balcony at 0700 was 26.1 degrees and very humid,probably a result of yesterdays rain in the Vasco Area

Temp on balcony at 1548 was 39.5 in the sun and a breeze.

BEACH TEMP

Temperature on the Beach at 1212 on a the sun bed in the sun and a warm off sea breeze. was 45.6 and 36.7 under the shade of the brolly hanging in the breeze.

At 1515 as we rode by Menzies the £ was 71.50 the € 66.90 and $ at 50.50 A little more may be available in Calangute

Day on beach again.First thing there were heavy clouds and it looked like rain but they passed over and its been quite well VERY warm with the sea coming in and high tide sometime around mid day or gone.Water sometimes fairly calm and then the next minute strong breakers one after another and a bit of a drift and tow so some people just went in enough to cool down and splashed themselves all over.Sand BURNING your feet even at 1500 when we left so those not thinking were seen running for shade. Have heard that a lot of people are preferring to stay in the hotels by the pool.

A word of warning for those arriving here in the next couple of weeks.The Sun is hotter than it may seem and humidity getting high so drink loads and loads of water or Lime Soda type drinks and as I believe Bagerlad advised Re Hydration Powders are a good way of staying out of trouble.We use ELECTRAL which are 13 rupees per sachet which makes one litre.We just empty into a bottle of cold water.Shake it up well then drink the bottle between us.We do that each day that we have spent a day on the beach in the sun or on the road riding around.

Heard rumours that the Saturday Night Market was closed by the Police whilst open but cant confirm it as the people that we know that work there have gone home.

Its now 1620 and have no broadband connection so posting not possible nor is looking up online for suitable stuff from the press .Will have to sink another Kings and wait.or maybe a kings or two.

Time now 1900 and broadband restored

Press Today

Arambol anguish

Antonia Chetwynd, Arambol

This letter from a real long term visitor really says it all

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19455&cid=13

Chinese spy network targets Indian embassy computers

Wonder if The UK Gov Ones are effected as well..

www.navhindtimes.com/story.php…

Hit and Run is Quite Common Here ,Social standards being much different to European Ones.

UK
Level Contributor
477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
593. Re: Goa Weather and Temp

Hi Bruahy,

Cannot imagine it being classed as a MISHAP here in the UK.

Sad also to see so many people saying they will be looking for somewhere else to spend their winters.

I too was hoping to spend my winters in Goa when I retire in a couple of years. Shame as it would have been ideal as my wife has relatives in Surat in Gujarat state and they could have come down and stayed with us. Just hope that Goa can get it's act together in the next few years but knowing them I doubt it!!!

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
594. Re: Goa Weather and Temp

Hi PhildUk

Like you we planned for many years to spend considerable time here after retirement,and saved and schemed with that in mind as we were quite envious of those that were already enjoying it.BUT with the end first of all of the 5 year visas that were available,then with the new Agency system meaning that no decision is IMMEDIATELY available on visa length along with the Goa Governments attitude towards Brits plus the now fairly general attitude of Foreigners considered as walking rupee trees we feel quite let down and dissapointed by the direction that the Indian Gov and the new Goa has taken especially when tourism is a great money earner for the country as a whole.

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
595. Re: Goa Weather and Temp

Hi

Calangute Tuesday March 31st 1700 IST

Temp on my balcony at 0627 was 25.9 degrees and very humid,again.

Temp on balcony at 1540 was 40 in the sun and a breeze.

BEACH TEMP

Temperature on the Beach at 1230 on top of a palm leaf sun shade in the sun and a warm off sea breeze. was a surprisingly low 39.7 and 34.9 under the shade hanging in the breeze.

At 1505 as we rode by Menzies the £ was 72 the € 66.80 and $ at 50.50 A little more may be available in Calangute

Beach day today.Tide out in the morning at 0815 but coming in for most of the day.As tide was out the beach was nice and firm for walking so went as far as Baga.There the water was like a millpond but looking along the length of the beach it was quite apparent that the closer to Candolim and the River Princess you got the rougher the seas.

As we are roughly in the middle the water was great today.Lovely and warm with a low swell and just a slight pull.Even the OH came in and she is very apprehensive since her narrow escape last season.

Day has been hot but not as hot as yesterday it seems by the readings but as the humidity is up it feels a bit warm.You folks back there don't know how we are suffering.

Press Today

Surprise Surprise.( Update from 29th March )

…indiatimes.com/Cities/…4338800.cms

The strongest Navy by 2022 but still 3rd world ? ? ? ? ?

Canacona lacks safe drinking water

These Two go together

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19501&cid=2

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19505&cid=10

UK
Level Contributor
477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
596. Re: Goa Weather and Temp

Largest Navy in the world and probably the highest population of people living in poverty does not add up somehow or am I missing something!!!!!

Also with regard to the Politician being supported by certain people could they be UNDERMINING the politics of India.

Sorry to say but news from Goa seems to get sadder everyday and onhj top of that theres you and the OH having to stand all that excessive heat and sun how brave you both are.

Phil

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
597. Re: Goa Weather and Temp

Hi Bruahy

I do feel so sorry for you having to suffer the heat and humidity...not!!

Never mind I will be in Calangute for the first time on Sunday ad I just cant wait, your reports have been fantastic and I have logged in each day eagerly to read your information. Thank you so much, I am sure many of us here really appreciate it

Regards

Lynda

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
598. Re: Goa Weather and Temp

Hi

Calangute Wednesday April 1st 1730 IST

Temp on my balcony at 0630 was 26.9 degrees .

Temp on balcony at 1620 was 35.5 in sun and strongish breeze

At 1300 the £ was 72 the € 66.30 and $ 50.50 at Arson the Robber

A Day off beach doing nothing strenuous.Had a yap,took a ride down to Calangute steps.Was very quiet with hardly anyone around at 1200 but the big pile of waste behind the shacks on the Baga side of the steps has got even larger.Wonder what the 5 star tourists would think to that. Has been a very humid/hot day.Count down time,27 days left.Hope that Bobthebus has looked after my garden for me this season.Has always had an excuse for not doing it.

Press Today

Recon That There Is Any Link ? ? ?

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19501&cid=2

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19546&cid=2

Still Talking While the Princess is Rotting.

If it was in front of the Cidade de Goa it would have gone years ago

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19572&cid=26

…indiatimes.com/Cities/…4341927.cms

Departure Taxes Due to Start But Will the Taxi Way ever be Built

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19565&cid=26

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
599. Re: Goa Weather and Temp

Hi

Calangute Thursday April 2 nd 1900 IST

Temp on my balcony at 0631 was 28.1 degrees .

Temp on balcony at 1500 was 40.4 in sun and srongish breeze

At 1700 the £ was 72 .50 the € 66.40 and $ 50.20 at Arson the Robber at KAMAKSHI FOREX everything was 40 to 50 paises higher (50 for £ at 73 ) but they charge a 5 rupee fee per transaction and require a passport.

Another day off beach doing next to nothing.Did get the M/Cycle main stand repaired but the day started off really overcast which did not clear until after 9.30.In fact on the way back from Porvorim I felt a few spots of rain.But after the sun broke through it was another hot humid day.Came over overcast around 1730 again and we are all wondering if rain will come.Hope that its AFTER we go back to UK.

Press Today.Mainly Election News

Snakebite cases on the rise in state

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
600. Re: Goa Weather and Temp

Hi

Calangute Friday April 3rd 1700 IST

Temp on my balcony at 0634 was 26.9 degrees

Temp on balcony at 1536 was 39.4 in the sun and a breeze.

BEACH TEMP

Temperature on the Beach at 1245 ontop of the palm leaf brolly in the warm off sea breeze was 40.7 and 35.2 under the shade of the brolly hanging in the breeze.

At 1515 as we rode by Menzies the £ was 73.30 the € 66.90 and $ at 50.30 A little more may be available in Calangute

We had RAIN last night.Around 1700 there were some showers around this area that made the ground wet and this morning on the beach the sand was patterned with rain drop marks.

Day on beach again.Tide low most of the day but coming in.Water bath warm and calm with a lovely swell and minimum breakers making bathing an ideal way to cool if you got too warm laying in the sun in the off sea breeze.Temptations Shack which is I think where Mojobolton goes had only one couple all day as things are thinning right out.

Press Today

Here we go again

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19682&cid=2

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19664&cid=26

Its surprising that there are not more deaths with the general standards found here

oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19659&cid=26

Very Interesting.Where was YOUR mobile made??

…indiatimes.com/Cities/…4352642.cms