We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best family 5*

Nottingham
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best family 5*

I am planning to stay in Goa for 1 week at the beginning of November. I have looked at the reviews on this forum but find it difficult to compare. Has anyone stayed at more than one of the 5* hotels over the last few years and can recommend anything for family with kids. At present I have the Radisson White Sands, Holiday Inn, Majorda Beach and Taj Village on my short list

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best family 5*

Whilst you are free to stay wherever you like on holiday, please reconsider: Goa is not about 5 star luxury and if you stay in such a hotel you will be missing out on experiencing Goan life. I haven't stayed at the first three hotels you mention, although know the Taj well, and I certainly would not consider it 5 star. It is set in beautiful grounds, but facilities are limited and the beach there is not suitable for small children.

Essex
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best family 5*

We have visited South Goa five times and can recommend:

Park Hyatt, good restaurants offering less rich food for children, pizza and pasta restaurant, a bakery that will make a burger in the evening or toasted sandwiches.

Taj Exotica also fantastic with a great and popular resturant just outside the gates. Leela Palace with the goan village nearby for various restaurants if you need a change from eating in the hotel four minutes in a taxi, and the meals are very inexpensive. Have a great time we love Goa.

Playa Blanca, Spain
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best family 5*

The Taj Exotica is brilliant, we have stayed there twice. The restaurants in the hotel are excellant , the staff friendly and helpfull. Could not fault anything at all.