We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas The Movie

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Visas The Movie

Hi

I've just applied (surprisingly not that painful) online for 2 visas - and made an appointment for the Edinburgh office. Me and my partner are travelling together and I paid/applied for both online. The appointment I have has my name on it - does it mean I/both have to attend? Or does it really matter?

Thanks a lot

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas The Movie

Hi Gary, although I've never been in person to get a visa, I believe from reading other posts that you can collect the visa for yourself and your other half without them being present.

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas The Movie

Cheers, we've done the paper application before and it's made no difference as to who dropped them off/collected them then - you never know with this lot!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas The Movie

Hi Gary

I applied online and made my appointment for the Victoria office, it didn't matter thast I had myself and my husbands forms and passports, I left mine and collected them 3 days later. I'm just about to apply for my friend's who's coming with me in the same way.

Boo

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas The Movie

Thanks for the info!

5. Re: Visas The Movie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 05:25