We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back 13th feb

lancs
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
just got back 13th feb

hi to all, just got back friday the 13th

flew with thompson/first choice, no complaints about the flight,but not too happy after a 10 hour flight having to sit on gatwick tarmac for another hour before setting off to manchester.and when going out got to manchester airport and asked if there was any chance of a window seat, they said no there are all taken, after picking up the rest of passengers from gatwick and taking off looked round and the plane was only 3/4 full with empty window seats.anyway had a great holiday will send a full run down soon.about all the good things and the odd bad thing

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,683 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just got back 13th feb

Hi Mr Fleetwood Dan

Glad you had a great time.

Where did you stay?

T&J

northampton
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just got back 13th feb

Hi Fleetydan I think you stayed at Silver Sands, can't wait for any dtails you can give as am going there very soon. xx.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: just got back 13th feb

Glad you had a great time Fleetydan :) Bet you're feeling the cold!

lancs
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: just got back 13th feb

stayed at silver sands i thought it was a good hotel by goan standards great location for the beach and bars. i think some people expect to much from the hotels in goa at times, when i was there heard a couple saying they where trying to swap hotels because there room didnt have a telly in it,no doubt they will give this hotel a slagging off, the mind boggles sometimes

northampton
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just got back 13th feb

I want to get awat from the t.v. and the p.c.! I am more worried about wether we can upgrade to a room with A/C. Did you notice if the hotel was fully booked, thats what F.C. are telling us, we have tried to e.mail the hotel but to no avail. What do you think our chances are? xx. Glad you had a good time, Sad your hol is over, still you can start to plan it all over agian!

northampton
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just got back 13th feb

Cheers Dan I only just saw the message. xx

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just got back 13th feb

Dan, thanks for the feedback regarding the TOM353/4 flights.

I did wonder how busy they would be with the current problems with our economy and the issues over in Goa.

I fly out on Thursday 2nd April on TOM353 and have booked premium for the first time. Looking forward to seeing how it compares.

Not looking forward to the Gatwick bit but as I don't have a choice, looks like I'm stuck with it!

Looking forward to hearing more.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
851 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just got back 13th feb

Hi fleetydan we fly out with thomsposn/first choice on teh 14th march from gatwick what are seating arrangements is it 2 4 2 or 3 3 3 we have pre booked to seat together, I rung thomson and they told me I could not pre book seats,beacuse we it is a first choice flight, but we could get a window seat. The only thing is don't want a window seat if the seating is 3 in a row, I like to be on the end.

Leicester
Level Contributor
306 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just got back 13th feb

Hi Fleetydan

Just wondering whether you knew you would be flying via Gatwick from Manchester when booking your flights. We are flying flythomascook on 22 March from Manchester and it has crossed my mind that we may pick up from Gatwick but nothing confirmed. Flew to Jamaica and had a detour to pick up from Gatwick - its the last thing you want when doing long haul - delayed even longer as a lizard had decided to join us from Jamaica and was hiding in the luggage hold!

lancs
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: just got back 13th feb

george 1 first choice/ thompson seats are 2/3/2 so if you dont get a window seat you will be sat in the middle isle which isnt too bad as long as you ask for two toghther