We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perfume vs mossies!!!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
391 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Perfume vs mossies!!!

I'm sure that I've read on here somewhere that you shouldn't wear perfume as it attracts mossies. Is this true? Or will it be okay if you wear mossie repellant as well?

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
182 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perfume vs mossies!!!

I've always been advised not to wear perfume when mossies are about, they are supposed to be attracted to it. Im taking Avons skin so soft this year as one of my mossie preventatives, hopefully it will make me smell good too!

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perfume vs mossies!!!

morning sita su, i heard that as the mossies love nice smell - im just taking a light perfume and sss (avon) and mossie spray! at least we will all smell the same ha ha not long to go.....yepeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
182 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perfume vs mossies!!!

Your not very excited then Kezibean? ;}

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Perfume vs mossies!!!

I always wear perfume in Goa, but I also use jungle formula repellent. The mozzies actually go for the smell of your sweat, that's why some people are more prone to bites than others.

DebyC

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,839 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perfume vs mossies!!!

I do use perfume but just a light dab right behind my ears and brushed across my wrists.

I also use mozzie repellent so that probably negates the smell of the perfume anyway.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,409 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perfume vs mossies!!!

I always wear perfume but do spray with deet based repellant first.

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perfume vs mossies!!!

mags - im so excited i cant begin to say -

8. Re: Perfume vs mossies!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 15:20